batch,..Save setup, iterate, Save, Replace,.. not snappy enough

When I’m done with a shot in batch, this is what I do, and got to remember to right click a folder to set save destination, …its how I work on shot based stuff,… very rarely I find some times I return to my desk the next day and find it didn’t save, either the setup or the desktop, or both, … I find it’s just not snappy enough and sometimes there’s a wait to save the desktop its clunky, and it doesn’t always feel 100% secured. Specially when you’re tired and just want go home… it should be more instant, anybody else find this, is there a better way? to save these days… thanks

1 Like

alt + w saves current batch group to destination save library. this is my preference.

1 Like

I feel you on this. I’ve gotten used to it and have various systems to avoid the “oh fuck nothing saved” issue, but for the most part I just live with it.

My “routine” is Alt-tap iteration to overwrite the current iteration, then Alt-tap the save setup button next to it and finally hit Meta-W for the save batch to library, and I keep “protection mode” on so that will kick off a Control-S save state to ensure the batch group stays in the library.

Regarding save destination libraries, I usually just make one called “shots” and leave the destination there for the duration of the job. That’s usually organized enough for my needs.

2 Likes

My workflow is iterate up, save desktop.
I think the delay in saving depends on how big your batch is, same for loading it back.

so you rely on iterate to save your setup, … you get to set it to where you want it saved right?, I tried this but for whatever reason, probably operator error it defaulted back to it default…

That’s odd, I’ve never had an issue. I just reload the desktop and I have my latest version.