Flame Machine Learning Timewarp, now on Linux and Mac

Standby! On it…

1 Like

Happening now!

3 Likes

Whoa! This morning was using between 50% and 250% of the processors…now its hanging out between 500%-1500%. About 5-6 times faster for me than this mornings’ version.

This is a 3.5k clip, 119 frames, set to 1/2.

Previously the application was reporting about 13s/frame, now its reporting 2s/frame. it is longer than that, but, sooo much better!

1 Like

I’ve got 160GB RAM, forgot to mention.

1 Like

Similar here on the MacBook Pro. 64GB here. I was getting 15% on the processor, now it’s averaging 50%. Render time is doubled over what I tried with the previous version, and RAM usage seems on par with what you said in your OP.

Amazing!!

iti s 2sec per frame, not 2 frames per sec, so it shorter. If you open the file the cpu number is set at line 124. Could you try to just comment this line and use full stack if your memory allows it? It going to be threads that should make it even faster

Same here Andy, could you try to comment out line 124 and check again please

1 Like

the one that says: cpus = int(cpus/2) - 2 so it will blow the box fully

1 Like

In the create_slomo.py file?

Like so?

2 Likes

yes, line 124, cpus = int(cpus/2) - 2

1 Like

yes but watch your memory my box got just all hung on 1/4 speed. The guys at arXiv2020-RIFE wrote it the way it does 1/2 and then calls itself recursively wich makes it faste but bloats memory exponentially. We will need to amend it to return intermediate resut and fire threads again for quater frames, etc

1 Like

Whoa! Watching the CPU meter is like throwing it into hyperdrive!

1 Like

yes but memory could be an issue at the moment that was the reason I’ve limited it to something more safe. But you have the idea on where to set the sweet spot in the meantime

1 Like

Okay, memory is fine at 1/2. Trying 1/4

Understood. I’ve only been doing 1/2 speed and this maxed out at about 50% of RAM. Will try 1/4 speed next.

1 Like

Yeah, my Mac just shit the bed trying to do 1/4 with the throttling commented out.

1 Like

it is possible to optimize memory usage here in exchange oif a very slight speed penalty will try later

2 Likes

hahah…On 1/4 speed I’m now swapping over 90Gigs of RAM aaaandndnddd I’m out of system memory. Yeah, we might need to go back to where you had it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The way here is to probably make it adaptive by throwing a humble number of threads first and watching memory consumption and adapting on the fly

2 Likes