Help me inspire Autodesk with new Flame splash screen ideas

Hotkeys

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

Autodesk Flame Logo courtesy of Midjourney.ai

1 Like

Hahahah this is amazing. Clearly my ridiculous joke of a post at 1AM after only a single gin and tonic or five failed to deliver with the intended and necessary precision.

Sorry GIF

1 Like

I get it. Surely everybody at Autodesk is looking to the row of artfully consistent icons at the bottom of most everybody’s Macs and wondering why Adobe has more real estate secured than most.

4 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

You do realize that Carl Bass never worked for Discreet/ADSK or Flame directly?? He was a 3rd party plug in vendor, that sold his company for big money right before the 2007 financial crisis, and checked out.

Are you thinking of Karl Sims, the Sapphire guy?

1 Like

Carl Bass was the CEO of Autodesk from 2008 to 2017, after Carol Bartz and before the current CEO Andrew Anagnost.

2 Likes

You guys are right.

1 Like

True…I was thinking of the other Karl.

1 Like

Since we were talking about graphics design I assumed you meant Saul Bass. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Slight tangent here but if there was ever going to be a band or musical artist that all Flame Artists should be into it would have to be Fishbone

4 Likes

Got bored, made this:

Here it is if anyone wants it:

How to change your splash screen:

Go to /opt/Autodesk/flame_xxxxx/menu/splashScreens - you can replace the png of the appropriate aspect ratio for your monitor, and then remove the matching .raw file from /opt/Autodesk/flame_xxxxx/status/ and relaunch Flame (xxxxx being your version)

I’ve had this one hanging around for a while.

2 Likes