Proud Moments in Compositing

Dear @admin,

Is there anyway to make this Topic a permanent category?

I’ll send all of my electoral votes for this. Thanks @andy_dill !

1 Like

Andy, I can certainly do that in the future, but currently at home on furlough, (All the material is at work).
I can tell you it wasn’t as simple as it looks, took about two months, many moco passes, not all shot correctly, with / without filters, plus a few morfs here and there.
I can still see loads of faults, but as usual, we ran out of time.

1 Like

Yo. So, how may I be of assistance @DannyYoon? You’d like a category dedicated to this subject matter? Sure. What should it be called?

Well, I just had an un-proud moment :). I made it rain going up. The Timecodes I was given, but not an edl. I didn’t know they were doing a reverse on the shot! HAHA, the editor was like, hum everything looks great, but um this one shot the rain goes up.

I was proud of my fix thou, I just dropped a timewarp on the rain and made it go up, so when they reversed the clip, it would go back down.

3 Likes

“Proud Moments of Compositing” of course!

2 Likes

“Proud Moments of Composting.” Brilliant. Simple. Elegant. On topic. :slight_smile:

Danny! It’s a delight to see you here.

The only proud moment in compositing that leaps to mind was my first ever freelance gig at IF, a night session, picking up one of your setups (when my experiences with batch up to that point topped out at maybe six nodes). I did not immediately fail! Big win for me at the time.

Anyhoo, I hope you’re well!

1 Like