DZeG2MMVoAApe1K

3 Likes

35240c1cd70b34180013712c8ca33d81cbae10c5cd24ab696bc965a421ab467f

1 Like

Unknown

1 Like

LockedCut

13 Likes

Haha! If I had a nickel every time I heard locked cutā€¦ Or ā€œitā€™s a liftā€ :grinning:

5 Likes

Ha! Is it a picture lift? A script lift? A camera lift? An animation lift? A grade lift?

ARHGHGGHAGHHH!HHH!!!

Heaven help any producer who tells me there is a direct lift. My entire body becomes pure cynicism, often causing me to pedantically explain all the ways something could be not a pure lift.

Because it never is. The handles are different, one take is different and no one knows why, and all the timewarps are quicker.

2 Likes

My fav thing now is: Well, if itā€™s from the same take itā€™s still a lift, right? Even if itā€™s way outside the handles that we graded?

2 Likes

ā€œIf you want to pay me to do the VFX work on every whole take Iā€™m happy to do that. Thereā€™s a place around the corner that rents dump trucks. I suspect youā€™ll need two or three to carry the cash.ā€

3 Likes

BTW @andy_dill ā€œLocked Cutā€ is two words.

1 Like

a few things:

1. this is my re-creation of a meme I swore I had on my phone but canā€™t find, so I canā€™t take any creative credit.
  2. I watched the scene in question (pic is not from the scene, fyi) to make sure I had the text of the line correct.
  3. I thought about the grammar v deference to the text and decided upon the latter.

another favorite from cg memes.

5 Likes

4 Likes

(based on a true story)

Iā€™ll leave this herešŸ˜Š

8 Likes

This was posted on the Logik Discord.

9 Likes

@La_Flame

Yes

The cylons were the bad guys.

They got eliminated in large quantities in every episode.

Who is dressing up as a bad guy and crying about being a victim?

Isnā€™t this like wearing a Nazi uniform and asking for sympathy?

Surely this is Darwinism?

:smiley:

See also: choosing a better exampleā€¦

Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s a more perfect meme.

TBH Iā€™ve got a lot of notes on that painting too.

3 Likes