Where are the Junior Flame Artists?

@randy Self admittedly I’m not the most computer savvy. I would say cloud machines… if it’s easy to gain access to them.

At the advertising agency I work at we have been trying to get Teradici up and going for 1 year now, for Resolve. That’s dealing with our internal IT department and some issues with Resolve color panels and peripherals, but just saying some of the solutions for remoting into machines is cumbersome.

Your IT dept. is in-competent.

1 Like

In fairness Teradici doesn’t make it simple by any means. It unnecessarily complex in terms of deployment. Of course you should be able to work through it. But they need to fix it too. I was hopeful HP would be a good influence there. So far no evidence.

Yes… Yes they are. It’s ridiculous.

1 Like

I’ve had relatively in-depth communication with the RGS team in the past, and the Teradici team in the present. No hope.

1 Like

Here in France Junior Flame Artists are people that are already good with After Effects, had opened Nuke a few times, did some rotos and tracking. Then, when they delivered some convincing shots and were up to a good speed, they were offered to go into Flame.

In the companies that I was offered a shot at learning and being a Flame Assistant, their “complete” training was between 6 months and 1 year.

I have to say that I only had these opportunities because I was friend with a very well known Senior Flame Artist in the first place. Otherwise, as stated here before, it’s pretty closed and too much of a niche.

5 Likes