Autodesk Welcomes Alan Latteri as New Product Evangelist for Flame

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Autodesk Welcomes Alan Latteri as New Product Evangelist for Flame

San Francisco, CA - April 1, 2023 - Today, Autodesk proudly announces the appointment of Alan Latteri as the new Product Evangelist for Autodesk Flame. Alan, a renowned figure in the industry and a former “enthusiastic critic” of the Autodesk Flame Development Team, is ready to leverage his expertise and unique perspective to help propel the software to new heights.

Stephane Labrie, Senior Product Owner for Flame, comments, “At Autodesk, we value constructive criticism and diverse perspectives. That’s why we’re absolutely thrilled to welcome Alan to our team. With his history of providing us with ‘gentle nudges’ for improvement, we’re confident that he’ll make an outstanding advocate for our user community.”

Alan has gained notoriety for his deep understanding of the software and his unwavering commitment to making it better. He has had a love-hate relationship with the Autodesk Flame Development Team, even earning himself the distinction of being kicked off the beta program not once, but twice. His dedication to the software is a testament to his passion for the industry and the products Autodesk creates.

Frederic Warren, another Senior Product Owner for Flame, says, “We’re excited to work closely with Alan in his new role. We believe that his ‘critical eye’ and intimate knowledge of Flame’s features will help us deliver a product that exceeds users’ expectations.”

When asked about his priorities as Product Evangelist, Alan Latteri remarked, “I’m honored to join the Autodesk team and take on this role. My highest priorities will be addressing all of my grievances with Flame, most specifically improving the motion vector features and ensuring that we are the first to support the newest drivers from AJA and Blackmagic. I promise to remain as ‘vocal’ as ever, ensuring that Flame continues to evolve to meet the demands of our ever-changing industry.”

In light of Alan’s appointment, Autodesk Flame users can expect a renewed focus on software improvements and an even stronger commitment to customer satisfaction. With Alan’s dedication and Autodesk’s determination, Flame is poised for a bright and innovative future.

For more information about Autodesk Flame, please visit www.autodesk.com/products/flame.

About Autodesk:

Autodesk, Inc. is a leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software. Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world with a broad portfolio of software tools and services. For more information about Autodesk, visit www.autodesk.com.

Media Contact:

Avril-Poisson de LaGiqué
Public Relations Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Alan Latteri Press Release.pdf (49.5 KB)

9 Likes

Is it April the first?

1 Like

Congrats @ALan!! Let us know we can help, and I can’t wait to have you on Logik Live! Maybe after NAB?

4 Likes

Sweet! We’ll just roll all the Autodesk Flame Learning Channel content into You’ve Been Burned!!

4 Likes

Don’t forget about Alan’s excellent (if less scandalous) “You’ve Been Informed” series!

3 Likes

Avril Poisson :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Thanks guys… I’m happy to announce that my first order of business is that we are canceling Flame on Linux and focusing efforts of the Windows port. As others have posted here, we are seeing a 10x improvement in performance, and a large reduction in system administrative overhead.

Starting in Q2 we will also be starting Beta testing of the Xbox and PlayStation port which we believe will appeal to the next generation of Flame Artist.

16 Likes

Can I log a feature request for native Switch and Steam Deck support?

3 Likes

In France the game is called ‘April Fish’, or French ‘Poisson d’Avril’. The poster name gave it away easily :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:heart:

Can you update the Flame Award too?

2 Likes

de LaGiqué :joy:

1 Like

Please pin this post to the top and make it bright red.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Please make it a red flashing banner that takes up 2/3rds of the thread space. Thx

4 Likes

Please add a scrolling ticker. Also make it judder every once in a while.
90s called, they want their web design back.

1 Like

Working on the animation now

3 Likes

My career has peaked.

3 Likes

I like the direction you’re going here. I feel like it could still be a couple of skoshes bigger.

1 Like

1 Like