Boris FX is looking for a full time Product Evangelist: VFX Software

Hello all,

Boris FX is looking to add a Product Evangelist to the team. This is a role perfect for a VFX artist who is looking to deep dive our VFX products (Silhouette, Mocha Pro, Sapphire, etc) with customers and be a key contributor to the product roadmaps. This is a full time remote position. Check out the full description below or on the Boris FX Careers page.

TL;DR- Send a resume, cover letter, and reel to jobs@borisfx.com or ping me to chat

Thanks,
Brian

Product Evangelist: Visual Effects Software

Do you live and breathe visual effects, compositing and post-production? Do you thrive on sharing your knowledge and building relationships with other creative artists?

Boris FX, a leader in visual effects software is looking for a creative Product Evangelist with training experience to help educate, market and support our growing brand. We are passionate about what we do and these types of positions do not come up often! You are a highly competent VFX artist with top-notch compositing chops, excellent communications skills, and looking for a career change.

Our Academy-award winning products Mocha Pro and Silhouette play a significant role in television and feature film productions. As a Product Evangelist, you will champion our products and provide an essential bridge between the end user and product management. You will be a public face for our products; responsible for creating compelling video training content, helping customers troubleshoot shots, and representing Boris FX at events and customer meetings.

Full-Time position. Work remotely.

Ideal location: United Kingdom, United States, or Canada

Salary commensurate with skills and experience.

Must Have:

• Must speak English fluently.
  • Have a minimum of 5 years experience in a professional VFX role.
  • Demonstrated experience and ability to use Mocha Pro, Silhouette or Sapphire as an expert/power user.
  • Deep understanding of motion tracking, rotoscoping, digital paint and compositing using at least one of the following applications: Nuke, Fusion, Flame, After Effects.
  • A passion to share your knowledge and have experience as a trainer, mentor, or content creator.
  • The ability to create and edit high-quality, charismatic video training and participate in live streams.
  • Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
  • Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
  • Possess strong people skills, able to work with the Sales, Marketing, and Support teams to contribute to customer success.

Bonus Skills:

• Ideal candidate is already teaching other artists how and why to use Mocha and Silhouette.
  • Experience with Sapphire plugins is a plus.
  • If you have experience with 3D animation or camera tracking applications like C4D, Maya, Syntheyes or 3D Equalizer this is a plus.
  • You enjoy learning new software.
  • Ability to speak and publicly present in another language is a plus.

Role and Responsibilities:

• Be a public facing brand ambassador for our products in the visual effects market.
  • Produce compelling video content including video tutorials and visual effects examples.
  • Contribute to product success with the ability to test software and troubleshoot difficult shots for customers.
  • Help build the Boris FX footprint in the VFX market with content and community engagement.
  • Collaborate with the marketing team on website, newsletters and social media.
  • Collaborate with product management on features and direction.

Apply at jobs@borisfx.com with the following:

• Submit an up-to-date resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working at our company.
  • Submit links to examples of your work such as demo reel, projects you’ve worked on, IMDB credits, etc.
3 Likes

Sounds like something ADSK should do too - Flame VFX ambassador.

6 Likes

Sorry to hijack the thread, but who is the marketing person for Flame at this point. I’d be happy to discuss possibilities.

2 Likes

@GPM You are dead to me now. Just kidding, I’m a firm believer in any press is good press!

So I don’t disagree, but that topic is way above my pay-grade. For us, this is a new role but one that is sorely needed. I am excited to see who is interested and the possibilities that exist. This role is perfect for someone who wants to exit the rat race of VFX and wants to join an A+ team of likeminded creatives and hit the ground running. As a former editor/artist who spent decades trying to please various VPs of Brand Marketing and GMs of Networks, and then said “Yes” to the dark side of internal marketing/production, I can say wholeheartedly that I have never uttered a single thought of regret. It was eye-opening to me to be allowed the freedom to make mistakes, figure out what works and what doesn’t, and then double down on my gut (past experience) told me and see it take flight.

How’s that for a pitch? #DyingForRandyAndyToTakeThisJob

4 Likes

Sacha Baron Cohen Price GIF by filmeditor

2 Likes

1 Like

Hey Brian, I’m in complete agreement with you on all points. Maybe you misinterpreted my message, but I am a firm believer in this initiative, I think it’s brilliant. And I would love for ADSK to make similar moves. Who is the person actively marketing and promoting Flame at this point? Anyone…?

1 Like

No, I get it. I am not sure who is in charge of marketing for Flame at this point. I don’t have a current contact who I work with. Adobe does this role the best with a dedicated contact for third party devleopers who facilitates all needed communication within the team.

Included in the evangelism should be cross-platform compatibility. Absolutely critical in 2022.

Haha this job is so totally made for @randy :exploding_head::rofl:

Boris Johnson Blur GIF by AbsoluteRadio

3 Likes