Car CG replacement best practices

I was gonna sell all my Logik shares if Randy didn’t want to do this.

Probably would have sold my house and all belongings too, because it would mean something deep in the world is broken.

1 Like

just have to wait for this rain to stop -.-

Shoot :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

I hope people see you driving around with the tracking markers and assume it’s a new model, then try to sell pics to car blogs.

1 Like

and the first Event is live!

Join me to talk about plateprep, ingesting footage, neutralgrade, denoise … all the fun things , all done in flame!

I will do lots of gruntwork like 3D tracking and rendering behind the scenes keeping the Academy events Based around work done in Flame.

Loose running order:

-Plateprep & Publishing
-Flame LensDistortion and camera/Geo tracks from 3DEqualizer, how to use them.
-Multichannel EXR renders, Motionblur, zDepth… etc
-More Comp and finishing

The whole package will be downloadeable so you can follow along!

11 Likes

Amazing! Looking forward to it. Thanks!

2 Likes

This is going to be so awesome! Really looking forward to these classes!

1 Like

incredible!

1 Like

Saw this topic just now, and obviously the shoot already happened. But here are my thoughts anyways:

• definitely tracking markers, lot’s of them, different sizes

• undistorting plates is very important, if you can, shoot with Zeiss Supreme Primes.
    Zeiss Extended Data allows for perfect undistort and lens shading correction. Unfortunately not in Flame (yet?).

• a camera on the roof will require lots of retouching. Better on the sides/front/back
    I usually go with a proper HDR Pano every 10m or 20m. Works well in cities.

• try to shoot with a smaller car than the cg car, but same (or very close) wheel distance. Remove exterior mirrors.

• Shoot with the actual desired rims if possible.

We need Keentools for Flame :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For me the biggest thing about keen tools is the UV unwrap on faces.

cool example!

Yea keentools would be nice, I love the focal length estimation in it, so useful!