I wished I still could be a Flame advocate

The grass is always greener because it’s fertilized with bullshit.

3 Likes

“And now we pause the competition for three days while Britt’s film goes to the lab. Let’s hope that mag was packed correctly folks. A fog up would be game over.”

3 Likes

And remember: get your film to the lab on the first of the month when the bath is still fresh.

2 Likes

Spot on Randy and loving your passion! Tell it like it is

Anyone else accidentally hit F9 on accident than have a minor panic attack seeing your past looking for a vtr that doesn’t exist?

I wish I could be a Flame advocate but I can’t work with a tool that scares me as much as helps me.

3 Likes

Dont worry Parker I’m sure we can find you a DVW500 and an RS422 cable somewhere…

2 Likes

That’d be cheaper than medication wouldn’t it Brewsta? :slight_smile:

It is a real shame that someone can feel pissed enough to drop a post like that and actually have no explanation or justification for what has been said. Would have preferred a bit more substance to the actual issues rather than the whole (paraphrasing here) ‘I’ve been using flame longer than anyone so if I say it now sux then my opinion must be right’. Ok cool, he’s obviously not happy with Flame but honestly what was he actually trying to achieve with his post? Plus how proactive has he been about trying to fix the issues he has with Flame. I’m not aware of any other software package having the level of access to the Product Manager and Dev team the way we do with Flame. Nor do I see an active product improvement such as Flame Family Feedback from other packages, where they actually reference the improvement suggestions that have been implemented for each release.

If you’re reading this reply, could you please expand on your reasoning? You can’t win a debate by talking yourself up then merely delivering your opinion without any facts or justification to back that opinion up. Unless you’re Donald Trump!

17 Likes

I like being a finishing artist.

11 Likes

I like you being a finishing artist.

1 Like

me too

1 Like

Same

Melbourne is cool, I went back to london 2019 to sell my apartment and visit my old company MPC and friends:)

We all miss you ziggy !!!

3 Likes

Maybe Simon is still on the anniversary edition? There are some people and places that are reluctant to get to close to the leading edge of technology. 🥸

Very strange post. I hope he comes back and fills us in on what he sees as a better way to get all the various tasks we are asked to do.

1 Like

I’m trying to understand the point of this post… If you’ve moved on to different software why come here and have your first post be so negative? Why post at all? If you really care, try making a difference here instead of just bitching…

8 Likes

Miss you to my french friend :slight_smile: also Xoff and Alex :slight_smile:

I can see where you’re coming from Simon, but I definitely disagree overall. There other comping platforms out there definitely have some tools that are better in some aspects, when compared to Flame, but I still find Flame’s turnkey system the most robust and seamless when it comes to covering a multitude of disciplines all in one package, without having to switch between multiple platforms to do different tasks.

At the end of the day it’s down to what you’re using the tool for and what your work mainly entails. More power to you if you have found a tool that does what you need, better, faster and cheaper.

3 Likes

I would have been really interested in understanding the main issues that motivated the original post.
Maybe they were a collection of small things, or a list of big things. Either way, it would have been interesting to know.

Not that I could do anything about it now…

The thread grew quite large so I hope I didn’t miss a reply. Apologies if I did.

Philippe Soeiro

7 Likes

I think I feel like that on those days when the client…

(Continue on a separate sheet if necessary)

1 Like