Image Node semantic - Adding Mask

Working with a semantic keyer in the Image - Timeline. I’ve got a pretty good key of the body with some bits of the neck a kind of thin. I’ve tried to use a mask to add to the semantic key instead of masking it. Never had any luck. Any of you wizards got this one correct?

I don’t think you can do that. The invert mask button just changes which way round the mask is masking, rather than actually invert the mask. What I’ve always done is add the mask to the next layer and then link the two master grades together with the W hotkey. Bit of a workaround, but it does the job.

1 Like

Really a non colorists work around. Bu it works. Autodesk needs to be able to add masks to keys and not just using them to remove parts of the key.

3 Likes

I don’t know whether to be happy or insulted that my suggestion was a non-colorist workaround.
Gonna go with happy.

1 Like

Definitely happy.

1 Like

Actually maybe it doesn’t do the job.
If the second master grade overlaps the selective key from the first master grade it looks like it applies double the color correction. If the second master grade (the Gmask) is outside the first selective it works, though.

@Hengy

Here’s how to do it:

1. Do your key and GMask under the same Selective
  2. Select the Selective Object
  3. Go in the Controls submenu (above Keyers and 3D AOV)
  4. On the right side of that menu change the Blending from Blend to Add under the GMask section.

Note: This will affect all the GMasks connected to that Selective.

3 Likes

If you do a matching mask inverted in the original keyer it should.

Thanks Fred. Anxious to try this out.

Excellent idea.

Fred, works well for adding an additional mask. Seems though to now prevent me from holding back any area of the matte. Are these modes mutually exclusive?