Does someone knows how to use the different reference frame settings with motionvectors.
I read on facebook a workflow which I’m trying but couldn’t get it to work.
I try to clean up a shirt and a hand is passing through in the middle of the shot.
So I want to exclude the hand from the MV.
The steps I’m taking now are:
- Cache Motion Vectors
- paint a clean frame on frame1 and freeze it with a mux.
- attach motionvectors in action to the clean frame
- Under Tracking press Add on the 1st frame to add a Reference frame.
- Just before the hand is moving into frame I add a new reference frame and set it to Freeze
- Now I add another Freeze reference frame after the hand just passed.
So far so good, now I can hand animate this part with bicubics
But how to pick up the motion vectors again after the hand moves?
- Add a Warp reference frame at the next frame. This makes sense right?
But now after adding this last Reference frame. It also adjust the interpolation between the first warp ref frame and freeze frames. Which doesn’t make sense to me. Do I miss a step, or is this a bug? Or do you have another workflow?