R/vfx - Technicolor Creative Studios issues profit warning and stock loses

I hope that what comes of this is that the actual creators that once made the company great, will split off and spawn boutique shops - where both the artists and the clients are cared for well. I’d be willing to invest in something like that.

6 Likes

Blacksmith, Untold Studios. Preymaker. Parliament. Gunpowder. Rascal. Mayda. Outpost, are just a few of the studios born of late and are incredible places for artists to work.

4 Likes

@randy sorry but I think your list needs better research. Untold has no pipeline and consistently runs its artists into the ground with zero regard.

I know cos I have re employed a lot of them, plus the rest of my mates have just quit.

I will never defend technicolour, but I will fight for the mill and our team to be treated right till I get sacked.

7 Likes

Oh yikes. Thanks for sharing. Love and respect to you and all the artists out there pushing for a better tomorrow.

I wish you the best of luck @Dan

If you get worn down by TC or sacked give us a call at Rascal.

3 Likes

I’ve honestly considered a side investing strategy of shorting all vfx companies that go public. Seems like we’d have a better understanding of these stocks than most of the world.

5 Likes

Great find Chris! Kinda affirms my suspicious. After working at a large corporate vfx company (since moved on), it’s easy to the see they don’t stand a chance of beating the shops with good artists that are run efficiently.

I’ve been saying for years that this business is just like the rental car business. They know how to take the reservation. They just don’t know how to hold the reservation.

3 Likes

Why did they just demote the former CEO and CFO? Why not fire them? It makes it sound like they’re not that serious about their business.

1 Like

Probably contractual. Can’t fire them without giving them a LOT of money.

My pitch to be the next CEO: “I will cost less to fire.”

9 Likes