Show me your juicy Action and Batch schematics and setups

I am suspicious-looking.

No planar tracker, no edit box, no variable softness, and no ability to import a camera track for starters.

Why? It’s better than the old gmask node in absolutely every way.

Well its easy enough to copy a planar track into legacy gmask so thats never really been an issue for me. Changing the softness to tracer gives you variable offset so thats there as well. I don’t usually bother attaching a camera directly to a gmask since I find it easier to use the camera to stabilize the image, roto it and then invert the stabilization.

Really the only thing I wish it had was the edit box which is great but not enough for me to give up the things I like about gmask.

I’m not saying one is better than the other. I think they’re both indispensable. Honestly I’m not sure why you would choose to only use one. They’re different tools and in my mind the more tools the better.

The reason I don’t like to see people bagging on gmask is because I worry that ADSK will get rid of it entirely in the name of streamlining and that would be a tough pill for me to swallow.

2 Likes

That looks wayyy nicer than your other batches I’ve seen!!! @glennteel HAHAH I kid I kid

Ouch! Lol. This was before the clients had their way with it. Hahaha.

I’ve never been more motivated to work on a GPM show with full on gmasks, auto key on all whilst listening to Orinoco Flow.

2 Likes

I personally love this song and music video… It’s rad

That should be illegal!!

1 Like

Can you just change a few screens they said…

3 Likes

Dear god.

As fun and wild as this all is, I think about Occam’s Razor all the time as I do this more and more. Not talking s*** on anyone, but this thread always just brings me back to it. Occam's razor - Wikipedia

3 Likes

33 screen control room screen insert shot with about 35 moving people on set.

1 Like

the balkam ladder!

Long Live Balkcom’s ladder!

2 Likes

That should be illegal. :no_good_woman:

Im curious. How long does that render take and are there sub comp renders in there

It was probably a 10 minute render at 4k. The screen inserts were pre-rendered before going into the main comp. I had to build each screen insert uniquely along with stock footage as the clients couldn’t envision it themselves. I think I had 6 screens that then go randomly placed in the monitors. The camera was locked off but still enough drift that the screens had to be tracked.

3 Likes

Is that that music video?

2 Likes