Show me your juicy Action and Batch schematics and setups

Hard to tell, because there was a lot of cacheing, all the live action I worked at full 6k with quite a render intensive process of adding motion blur, also a lot of neat video. I reckon if I deleted all the cache and reconnected the pre-rendered elements then a full 24hour render. Add another 24 hours for all the elements I put through Video Enhance AI to prep them before working on them. Was a 2 month project.

2 Likes

Hah.
I recognize some of those OFOW setups.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lemme guess. A timewarp and split screen for a shot that was 'grade and conform?"

2 Likes

3 Likes

Another split screen @glennteel ?

Here’s one that was given to me to revise. Lots of old gmasks instead of mask tracers

Yes @randy it was a split screen :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d be suspicious and not hire anyone who uses legacy gmasks. Also, has this person ever heard of a compass??

1 Like

Harsh on the gmask policy. I do find that legacy gmask is much better for intricate roto even after the changes to tracer.

1 Like

Yeah, agreed. Gmask tracer gradient points were a flaw that were introduced and never revisited. That should not have gotten past testing. But having them live in a 3D multilayer environment was a breakthrough.

1 Like

Absolutely. I wish sometimes I could use a 3D camera track and user the tracer keyer. But it seems I haven’t figured out how to get them to work together.

There is a way you could do this through very painful expressions, and you would not come back the same human that you entered. Beware.

1 Like

Around 5:30, you’ll see your future self, making links between tracer tracks and a 3D camera.

1 Like

I imagine I’ll stick to my workaround: two tracer nodes. One key and one matte multiplied together.

Or you could get full-on Mandy.

No split screen with this setup. But I did have a crazy split with this job that had five different plates, actors crossing each other, and a moving camera (no motion control). Sometimes I wonder if editors do this on purpose to mess with us. Lol.

But surprisingly that batch setup is way smaller. Go figure.

And different speed ramps for different cutdowns?

The worst! Never a true cutdown.

Why the hate for legacy gmask?

2 Likes