A6000rtx anyone?

Ampere is the latest generation of NVIDIA cards so any of the 30xx cards or the Axxxx cards.

@PlaceYourBetts I have a tiny ITX flame box I built with a 3080, It isn’t being used at the moment. I can drop it off to you if you wanted to have a jam?

1 Like

@PlaceYourBetts or even just the card?

RTX 5000, 6000, and 8000 use the Turing architecture, and are supported in Flame.

RTX 30XX and AXXXx cards, listed here, Ampere (microarchitecture) - Wikipedia, use Ampere architecture and are not supported in Flame.

1 Like

Thanks mate. Let me just way up the pros and cons of using Ampere without access to ML. I have not been using it myself

It seems like it would be a very small sacrifice to make

I haven’t missed it…

Hey all,

I’m looking to upgrade my old M6000 12Gb (in a z840) to an RTX A4000 16Gb running flame 2021.2.

Will I run into any compatibility issues with my current setup?

Thanks,

Andrew

1 Like

Yes and no. It’s likely to work, but likely to have problems as it’s not a supported card. Flames built in ML tools don’t work on Ampere cards either.

Some users have had problems with multiple outputs in action. Some users haven’t.

with the a5000 now ‘supported’, does that mean ML works with ampere cards? I have had a lot of success with the gtx 1080 gpu’s with flame except there seems to be an issue that causes renders to run vverry slow in certain circumstance. Then after a reboot, fast again. Suspicion is that it’s related to only having 11GB VRAM instead of 24 GB like the supported cards?

anyone using the a5000 cards with flame 2020.3?

1 Like

Yes. Ampere cards are supported from Flame 2022.2 and newer.

Hey would anyone mind sharing their hardware configuration w the rtxa6000? I have a reseller building me one but they’re saying it’s overheating. Thx a bunch.

That is sadly true Swn, A6000 and similar family cards can quickly thermal throttling, i had that situation here but never in Flame, only on heavy GPU process only, Flame was good.,
Just make sure your case will have space and very very good airflow and you will be okay

1 Like

Just to resurrect an old thread, maybe i missed something, are ampere cards with machine learning supported in flame 2022.2?, or, just supported but no ML?

2 Likes

@friendlyape :arrow_up:

Yo! Just tested now. ML appears to be supported, at least on my box. I’m not running the default DKU drivers though…I’m running the latest NVIDIA linux drivers (although I suspect that wouldn’t enable it if it wasn’t working with straight DKU).

2 Likes

All ampere cards are supported and yes ML works.