That is a gorgeous tool. I don’t mind round tripping to Resolve for that.
What’s the issue with it coming to flame? Isn’t the whole point of OfX that they run on whatever supports them?
I’m not sure if it would be a technical limitation but I sent them an e-mail to find out.
Maybe if we flame-bomb their inbox it will make a difference.
The OFX API is pretty complex. And while it should interoperate everywhere, the reality is a bit more mixed. A host doesn’t support a certain call or vice versa.
And in the case of Linux, not all OFX plugins have builds that run on Rocky.
So in theory yes, in practice YMMV.
But it never hurts to try, even when the website doesn’t list Flame. You might get lucky.
Yeah, it’s pretty nice. I also wrote a bokeh ofx, not quite as sophisticated as this one, but does most of what this one does- and I just added flame support a few days ago (also supports resolve, fusion, premiere and after effects). Mine doesn’t reference actual lenses, but does much of the other stuff. Jjust have to dial it in by eye instead of presets for lenses. I also don’t support the layers they do, which is a nice touch. Well done.
I can probably get the rest of those features in with some work, if they don’t want to support flame.
Hey, Mads here from Higx.
The Resolve version is ofx but highly optimized for Resolve and Realtime playback and lacking a few of the features of the Ae and Nuke version.
A full dedicated OFX version for Fusion and Flame should be out soon.