Fake historical photos of flame artists

Damn 4F button

1 Like

To be honest, I still miss the tactile feel of the shuttle knob and the clicks, pops, and whirrs of those machines… That’s about it, though…

4 Likes

I’ve kept one on my shelf for just those moments when a shuttlewheel shuffle soothes the senses!

2 Likes

look at the cool bear throne he’s got back there!

1 Like

Flame artist just finding out she can’t go out for her birthday because client has changes.
hat

7 Likes

You would think it would be deeper in the woods . . .

aww shit thats soooo sad

1 Like

I was once 3 hours late to my own going away party because a last minute emergency came up. I was like “but I already quit, I gave notice a month ago, I’m outta here…” and I swear the producer just ignored me and kept repeating what they wanted me to do.

11 Likes

@kirk… that truly sucks.

1 Like

If one could accumulate all the virtual karma flame artists have racked up by missing important commitments and even their own birthdays…

Seriously though @kirk, that’s shitty.

4 Likes

Me, working during any of the many important events I’ve missed due to emergency advertising disasters:

4 Likes

the producer equivalent of the rope a dope! If you aren’t prepared to be the asshole in the situation they get you every time! (I speak from experience as both the dope (many times) and the asshole(once)).

The one time I was the asshole I spent two days explaining IN ADVANCE that I would not be available that Friday night should things go sideways. I told my bosses, I told the producer every few hours, I told everyone, and yet, when I walked out on that Friday the producer was upset.

On Monday they told me to thank another fame op for covering me. I believe the other op missed either a birthday or a funeral. This story has no winners.

4 Likes

Friday at 5 is the worst fuck you a client can give… we locked our edit just now enjoy your weekend of figuring out my 199 layer edit that editorial didn’t bother prepping for online… and oh yeah we have no audio mix and it’s in mono. Have fun!! As an added plus, no one is going to respond to emails, phone calls or texts cuz we all have work life balance….)

2 Likes

Indeed

Flame princesses through time #37

3 Likes

The deadline that was non moveable has been extended by the client because they’re going on holiday.

13 Likes

Also, the corollary: “The deadline has been moved earlier by the client because they’re going on holiday.”

1 Like

That one might be:

2 Likes

A Flame Artist in her bay orders sushi from Sugarfish, circa 2018

5 Likes

me trying to calculate why my track drifts on a seemingly perfect tracker.

11 Likes