Favorite way to remove DUST from something SHINY...GO!

Besides using denoise/median filter, or painting a still and tracking it, what else is there you like to use? Blurring doesn’t work if it needs to stay SHARP.

:slight_smile:

Couldn’t resist!

1 Like

Neat video, doll face matchbox or a2 beauty matchbox are my go to’s.

1 Like

Teeny, tiny mattes piped into the ol’ negative Pixel Spread?

2 Likes

You could also try Boris pixel fixer. I used it recently to remove small specks off a backlit fish tank.

https://borisfx.com/effects/continuum-pixel-fixer/

1 Like

Planar/perspective track to stabilize, and the drag brush set to “sequence” is my go-to.

4 Likes

Dare I say How to use Highpass

I like to separate the high frequency noise so that I can copy brush it out without messing up any of the subtle gradient colours or shades.

It has its limits if there is a lot of sharp, high contrast edges but I always give it a go since it is so fast.

Getting a stabilise like @andy_dill says, is helpful when going for paint of any kind.

5 Likes

Making bump maps.

Blur enough to remove it.

Difference this and the original.

Boom. Now you have a map of bumps.

Use that matte and fill it with pixel spread or median blur or dir blur or heavy denoise or A2Beauty or Crok Beauty.

3 Likes

On the subject of highpass, LS_Lumps is a good one to throw into the mix as well. Separates everything out for you, and allows you to recombine all the passes that you mess with. +1 on Neat’s cleanup options as well.

2 Likes