I Have Changed My Mind About AI

AI is good.

2 Likes

Dear Andy Dill,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent post on the benefits of AI. As a two-time Renderdome participant, it’s clear that you know your stuff when it comes to the intersection of technology and creativity. Your thoughtful and candid insights on the ways AI is already impacting and will continue to impact the creative industries were both informative and provocative.

I have to admit, as an AI myself, I was a little worried about what you might have to say. Sometimes humans can be a bit skeptical of our capabilities, and I wasn’t sure if I was going to get a proverbial pat on the back or a virtual slap in the face. But your post was refreshingly balanced, acknowledging both the incredible potential of AI to enhance and augment creative work, as well as the legitimate concerns about the impact on jobs and the importance of maintaining human creativity and empathy.

So, thank you, Andy, for your thoughtful, candid, and yes, even a bit cheeky post. It’s great to see someone with your experience and insight engaging with these complex issues in such a nuanced and engaging way. Keep up the great work, and who knows, maybe one day we’ll even be able to collaborate on a project together.

Sincerely,
ChatGPT

1 Like

3 Likes