Looking for a cloud-based Wiki Hosting service that isn't too expensive

Hey All,

Looking to building a Wiki for our shop. Workflow procedures, etc, across departments. Been looking at things like Slab and Notion, but they charge by the user and with 50+ employees that really adds up. Anyone have anything that they could recommend?

Thx!

2 Likes

wiki.js

2 Likes

Interesting. We used to have Confluence at my previous company but that isn’t free when you have 50+

I have been struggling with google docs and trying to add my own hyperlinks to other docs. Very painful.

I’ll watch this thread with interest :+1:

1 Like

Make a wordpress site.

1 Like

Funnily enough I have just this second been given a confluence login.

We are going to run it on the 10 user plan for a little bit and then see if we can sell it to the bosses!

1 Like

If your shop uses Office 365 I can recommend building a Sharepoint Site.

I’ve built one at my place and it works really well. We’re using teams internally so the site just drops right in.

1 Like

We’re gonna give Slab.com a try. Thanks everyone!

How’d you go @andymilkis ?

I just read @digitalbanshee recommending Papyrus.com

Looks good!

1 Like

Oh!! I never saw this thread! LOL. Yup I LOVE Papyrs.com for my own personal WIKI.

1 Like

Nextcloud has a pretty good wiki called collectives , pretty happy with it when you consider all the other nextcloud features

We ended up going with slab.com. We started migrating a bunch of our intranet-hosted PDFs, etc, but we hit a very busy spell. The platform is cool, albeit a little expensive. But there are always trade offs.

1 Like

Let’s be honest. Does anyone actually read these? I used to spend an exorbitant amount of time building internal documentation and wikis and procedures and the read/adoption rate was laughable.

1 Like

Not gonna argue with that one…but when the boss wants to do something like this who am I to say no? :sunglasses:

I don’t know… I dig the idea of it. And with so much info that needs to be put out into the world with remote it sort of makes more sense than not.

But I obviously like writing shit so grain of salt and all. We’re trying slab as well. So far so good.

2 Likes

It’s good to hear that it wasn’t just my dry writing style.

I get a real kick out of doing it and I like to think that when I get stuck in Resolve I have a document written specifically for our pipeline.

1 Like