New FLAME CAPSULE - View and edit specific animation channels - Flame 2021.2.1

Today’s 30 second Flame Capsule shows you how to view keyframes from a selected animation channel in the player time bar and how to quickly access the animation curve for a selected channel!

Been around for a while but always great to remember when focusing on anything animation related!

Stay safe and enjoy!

4 Likes

Love these capsules! This one is key! I use it hundreds of times a day.

But I had a question for you or anyone else who might know: Once you’ve isolated one field’s keyframes in the timebar, is there a way to get all of the keyframes to display again? Or is the only way to leave the node and come back into it again?

OMFG. HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT SHIFT-CLICK & SHIFT-DBL CLICK!!

#allcapsonpurpose

Thank you Grant!!

2 Likes

I use shift+ click on value box to select channel , and then I go to animation window and hit shift+tab to locate the channel curve. Not perfect, and sometimes it needs extra work to locate and center the selected curve, but It was a totally game-changer working with animation curves in my beginnings with flame.

But this is completely awesome :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Hi Jeff,

The keyframes displaying in the time bar are selection based. (as per usual :slight_smile: )

All you need to do is SHIFT+CLICK (possibly hold CONTROL as well… not in front of Flame) on the channels you’d like to add to the selection.

Another way is to select the channels in the channel editor and they will appear in the time bar. To get all the channels’ keyframes to appear, select higher up in the channel hierarchy to select those channels.

Shouldn’t be necessary to keep going in an out of the node just for this.

Thanks
Grant

1 Like