Non-cached Cached Motion Vector Map

I have a not infrequent issue where I cache motion vectors for a shot in action and they are… not actually cached. As in every time I move a couple of frames away it has to recalculate the motion vectors. I can see the motion vectors on the batch shelf, but it has missing frames and odd blank frames. I’ve tried deleting it and re-caching but it still flakes out after a bit. My terminal is filled with this:
action282 : Node “action282” is missing internal data
Action: Error rendering live preview.

Has anyone else run into this and have some sort of clever fix? It’s really slowing me down.

I would love to know how to not have this. It’s why I don’t use vectors as much as I would like.
@ALan ?

We always pre-render our Caches. Watch Ep2. of You’ve Been Sooth’d. But there are still several invalid-invalidation scenarios. I fully encourage you to report it to support.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I’ve gotten the in habit of caching MVs in a separate action completely disconnected from the rest of the comp. Once cached they appear in the batch group reels, I’ll grab a copy and use them where they’re needed.

Don’t know if it helps….

2 Likes

Unless I’m confused Ep.2 looks like it’s about Teridici, but I’d love to see what you’re doing there.

You’re right… it is Ep.2 of the Sooth’d series.

2 Likes

Haha, I just pulled up a fresh action, cached the vectors map, dropped it into my tracking action, hit F4….

Map Analysis
Analysing motionVectors.

Oh well. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

screen record it and send to support.

1 Like