SynthEyes 2024.5 + Flame 2025.0.1 Integration

Hello Logik Friends!

Super excited to be sharing these videos with everyone. I’ve been working on this for the last few weeks and I’m so glad I finally get to talk about it.

Creating this thread for a place to chat about this new integration. Happy to help anyone through any hurdles they’re having or celebrate with you if you just want to say it’s working great!

Quick Start:

Full Tutorial:

21 Likes

Just saw that pop up in my YT subscription feed. Fantastic!!! Glad to see you out there with more tutorials and Flame in the BorisFX feed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is an EXCELLENT run through of the new scripts tying these giants together. Great stuff for the folks that made it and great great job explaining it, Jeff. Really looking forward to making “delightful Action nodes” with this.

I’m just diving into the 2025 releases and there is one thing really jumped out from watching this. I haven’t used the Lens Distortion node yet, but since the distortion data moves directly between Syntheyes and Flame, does this mean we don’t need ST maps for this workflow? I must be missing something obvious.

4 Likes

wow! awesome stuff!!! thanks @Jeff

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. And yes, delightful action nodes for everyone.

You are right! ST Maps are used to send the lens distortion data from one place to another, but since SynthEyes is integrated so closely, it’s able to just kind of send the data manually without the need for an ST Map.

I tried to make it super clear that if you DO start to go down the path of the traditional Lens Distortion route that you might be used to (clicking the Lens Workflow button, clicking Redistorted(2) and clicking OK), then that actually messes the data up, so you need to lose that muscle memory and try not to click that button.

But as long as you click the “More” button, set the distortion you want, and hit refine, by doing that, SynthEyes will know that you’re working with Lens Distortion, and it will automatically import the necessary Undistort and Redistort Lens Distortion nodes, and correctly compensate for the lens distortion.

6 Likes

This is awesome!! Thanks Jeff :slight_smile:

Hi Jeff, this is truly awesome. Does this integration applies also in Linux?

1 Like

It sure does work in Linux! I haven’t fully put it through its paces on Linux (I did my testing on Mac) but it does work in Linux and should be essentially the same workflow with some slightly different paths of course. Let me know if anything doesn’t make sense!

2 Likes