The People's Write Node - Write QuickTimes from Batch via Python

If you’ve ever wanted to Write an Apple ProRes 4444 directly from Batch (@KuleshovEffect @andy_dill @eric_mason ) we finally sorta/kinda might have a solve for it. Thanks to @ManChicken and @andymilkis and the rest of the Python Club in the Logik Discord for doing 100% of the work.

Place this .py file in your opt/Autodesk/shared/python directory and your Write Nodes will automagically transcode into ProRes 4444 files with alpha upon render and then the source sequence will be deleted.

USE THIS AS YOUR OWN RISK. Maybe if enough people like it/need it/use it/love it we can convince a genuine Dev to make it a little more helpful.

the_peoples_write_node_v0_ProRes4444.py (2.7 KB)

15 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Amazing!

2 Likes

This is great!!

It may take a bit more work to get this to incorporate Open Clip functionality, but this opens up a lot of workflow options!

2 Likes

Very exciting!!!

2 Likes

This is great! Thanks!

1 Like

Very Very Thanks!!!

Nice.
Does this support alpha?

Supports alpha.

2 Likes

Bump cuz The People.

2 Likes

Hi.

I just had a look to this and randy’s video about his favorites’s scripts. It’s definitely great. But what about to enable/disable it?. Sometimes I write to file to intermediate files (3D, camera track etc, in jpg, png). I can only disable it uninstalling the script (If I’m not wrong). This comment is extendible for import-write script also. It would be great add some way to disable/enable them.

1 Like

Yeah it’s bit all or none at the moment. Just remove it from the opt/Autodesk/shared/python folder I’m afraid.

1 Like

I was playing with this last week. After the image sequence has been converted, a dialogue (2023.1) pops up asking if you want to delete the image sequence. It gets annoying and we’re not using it, but maybe it’ll help someone.

the_peoples_write_node_v0_ProRes4444.py (3.0 KB)

3 Likes

I’ve been playing with another option where you can right click a clip in Batch and look for “Logik->Replace with .mov and Delete Sequence” and it should do just that. The only issue I’ve seen is if you have Pattern Browsing on and the name of the imported clip cuts off the version, it’ll still make the mov, but not replace or delete the image sequence.

I wrote this for 2023.2 because of the new auto-import feature, but it should work in 2022.3 and above if you’re using the Import Write Node script. Once all the kinks are worked out, I’ll add it to the portal.

logik_batch_replace_with_mov.py (3.0 KB)

quick demo

3 Likes