Twixtor 8 (beta) with Machine learning is now available for Flame!

Agree… having FluidMorph capability would be choice.

@ALan @space_monkey We only have something like that directly in RE:Flex Morph not available for Flame. Also, we don’t support Transition Mode - haven’t checked if Flame supports transition effects with OpenFX - that would be a way to do it too.
Will ask if this is something possible to support in Flame.
You can do something using Frame Mode in Twixtor but requires some book-keeping. it gets complicated with a sequence of jump cuts.
Sometimes easier to make a two frames source clip (each side of the cut) and make it say 12 frames and reinsert in timeline.
We made a related tutorial that would need to be remapped to Flame likely saving a preset editing it and reloading it except here say the jump cut is at frame 50 (you want Frame param to be 50 at 50) and then at say Frame 60, 51 (the other side of the cut)…

1 Like

FluidMorph is not static A/B frames though. It’s blending to moving clips. Using static A/B frames is easy enough already with a variety of tools and simple techniques.

AFAIK Flame supports “transition effects.”

I’m afraid my review will not be good:
I have a perfect sample to work with because I just wrapped a job where I needed to take a 4K clip, 153 frames long and slow it down to 1/4 speed to use the standard TW for a multi-speed ramp shot. Lots of mathematically challenged speeds like 137.5% and shit like that. I did it enough times that I knew it was about 10 minutes to render with TWML (which did a great job with it as well).
With twixtor it was purporting to be about 25 minutes. I stopped it as soon as it got to a piece of fast action and did a poor job. I tried a variety of things to make it look better, but when I changed Track Qual, it crashed. I tried again and it froze just navigating to the frame in question. I restarted, and just for yucks, hit render without changing anything but speed to 25%. It crashed immediately.

Moving on.

V.2024.2 on Rocky Linux
HP Z8.

2 Likes

Hi Tim @ytf , Can I confirm that you are using the latest version that I posted link for on Sunday. v 8.0.1 as it sounds like you are describing a bug that was in the previous version. Is there a way to get your project and elements in order to replicate it, if you are using v8.0.1? The team wants to take a look at it and they are not sure what you mean by “Changed track qual”. We don’t have any track Qual options.
Thanks,
Lori

not sure what you mean by “Changed track qual”. We don’t have any track Qual options.

Not a confidence inspiring comment.

Ok. I see. I am not a programmer, I am training manager, and trying to get my Flame license sorted right now so I have not seen that menu on Flame. They just released it yesterday. On the other hosts, it is done differently. It is Track Quality, but not by numbers like that under Time Remap (only Speed percentage or Frame number). Under Tracking quality, there are just types like DNN, Optical Flow, etc… Sorry for the confusion. I will relay the info to the team.

I concur with Tim here. This froze my machine almost immediately. Incoming screen recording. You guys should pull this and do proper testing.

@LoriFreitag

Here you go. Fail.

@ALan @ytf I just talked to Pierre because I said the same thing… that we need to pull it until there has been more testing. He said ok, so I will be taking down the link until we have a more stable version. I am sorry it was released a little too soon… Hopefully you will all give it another chance. We are usually known for good solid (and stable) products. Thank you! Lori (on behalf of RE:Vision Effects)

2 Likes

Ok, we are going to pull this version. We will do some internal testing and bug fixing before next posted version.

1 Like

In my quick testing, if you switch to Tracking Quality: Best (2) it seems to work fine. This is basically legacy mode and equal to Twixtor7. The issue is with the new DNN (3) stuff, which is the whole point of the upgrade though.

Any updates? is this ready to use yet?