Wouldn't it be nice if

Same. Crok_beauty can do some great clean-up on a number of things.

Someone once mentioned that they used it for raw chicken in a grocery store ad.

Me, for raw chicken inside shrinkwrap.

2 Likes

I don’t know why I love that statement. I just do @hBomb42

1 Like

I used it for dust on a glass table once.

2 Likes

Personally I also find A2 and crok beauty too coarse for fine beauty work. For really fast turnaround, like when I had 40+ faces to treat in 2 days, I’ll use one of them just to get er done, and clients understand the context and limitations. But given the time, I definitely prefer hand treating with my own rig…

2 Likes

Something similar I have done in the past when making endcards that transition from the last shot is creating an empty gap BFX with its input being the “Back Plate”. On the timeline you make the empty gap BFX a connected segment. Duplicate and place that BFX over others clip and get the same operations. When you make any changes just make sure to save the bfx and on the timeline right click and select “Sync Connected Segments”

There are some limitations like all the back clips have be the same resolution or the BFX might freak out, and you cant really use clip specific gmasks or keyframes, But its great when you need to transition out from 20ish different plates and the client keeps changing the animation and needs to see all 20ish postings whenever a change was made.

1 Like

I’ve done the 1st part of this process on a daily basis using backclip gap effects but never the connected segment approach. I can see this being super useful for cerain situations. Thanks gor the tip.