Accurate XML repos from Premiere into Flame, Fixed by Python

Not too familiar with command line tools as I consider myself a GUI-victim :sweat_smile:
But would love to give it a try :slight_smile:

Yeah, that’s a good idea. I’ll look into it when I’m back from paternity leave.

2 Likes

Drop this .py file and all of the XMLs in the same folder.
In Terminal, navigate to that folder.

python PremiereFix_v06.py

It should run on every XML in that folder and export it into the same folder with _out at the end.

Unfortunately, this version of the script won’t fix Scale keyframes, but anything with a straight scale change should work. If that’s a pain for you, I could probably fix that tomorrow.

Let me know how it goes!

PremiereFix_v06.py (5.6 KB)

3 Likes

Will give it a try later!
Well… There are a lot of animated repos. Therefore it would be amazing to get that working with that script.
But will check first, if I can handle that one at all :smiley:

This is magic. It fixes the sequence going out of sync after a timewarp; that makes it essential.

2 Likes

This should fix Scale keyframes:

PremiereFix_v07.py (5.9 KB)

2 Likes

Here’s the latest version of the GUI script. This allows you to fix multiple xml’s (as long as the resolution and scale factor are the same) in one go. It also has a fix from @KuleshovEffect. And it works with Flame 2022 now. Let me know if this works for you and I’ll add it to the Logik Portal.

premiere_xml_mediahub.py (45.9 KB)

1 Like

@john-geehreng @KuleshovEffect

Thank you so much!!
Just installed and it works like a dream :smiley:
Premiere XMLs are now even easer to conform than Avid AAFs :smiley:

1 Like

Hello,
I have a timeline with lots of tw’s and Flame doesn’t match up correctly

I just installed the script it fixed all the cuts on my timeline up until the first dissolve and then it went off the rails. I re exported the xml again out of Premiere removing all the dissolves and it all worked. So it looks like dissolves stuff up the timings.

Hi John,

I’ve seen the same thing but haven’t had time to troubleshoot it. Are you able to share the xmls - with and without the dissolves? I can take a look and hopefully @KuleshovEffect can too.

Narrowing the problem down to dissolves really helps a lot, thank you!
I’ll have a look when I have time.

1 Like

As per request.

Good luck bug hunting!

Balance_60_edit_10 for online no diss.xml (99.8 KB)
Balance_60_edit_10 for online.xml (102.3 KB)

3 Likes

Have been using this amazing tool for a while. Thank you so much, Ted, John, and Mike!
But today I’ve got an error attempting to fix an XML for a 4x5 timeline from Premiere:

[‘Traceback (most recent call last):\n’,
’ File “/opt/Autodesk/shared/python/premiere_xml_mediahub/premiere_xml_mediahub.py”, line 559, in ok_button\n fix_xml(item)\n’,
’ File “/opt/Autodesk/shared/python/premiere_xml_mediahub/premiere_xml_mediahub.py”, line 595, in fix_xml\n print (“seq_name: " + seq_name + " start”)\n’,
“UnicodeEncodeError: ‘ascii’ codec can’t encode character u’\xe7’ in position 23: ordinal not in range(128)\n”]

Any ideas of what’s going wrong here?
Have installed v1.3 from Logic Portal
Thank you!

Can you share the xml you’re running into the problem with?

Off course!
HERO_DIGI_4X5_30_MONTAGEM.xml (940.9 KB)

If your resolution is 1080x1350 and your scale is 1, then here’s your fixed version.
If those numbers aren’t right, let me know and I’ll run it again.

HERO_DIGI_4X5_30_MONTAGEM_out.xml (933.5 KB)

I ran that xml through the script and didn’t get any errors. What version of Flame are you running?

Specifically, I think the problem is with a cedilla C in the file name “DOG_Mexe_Cabeça.”
Handling characters like that can be tricky in python.
Deleting that character from the XML may fix the problem.
Would sanitizing ascii in xmls fix more problems than it causes? Hmmm…

Using Flame 2021.2.1

Thank you! That cedilla! … that’s portuguese things!