ADSK licensing nonsense

Can someone translate this into English for me?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/flame-products/learn-explore/caas/simplecontent/content/flame-family-transition-to-named-user.html?mktvar002=4276612044%7CEML%7C111877497&utm_medium=email&utm_source=ops&utm_campaign=4276612metransition-to-named-userflame-email&utm_id=4276612044&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTkRJMk4yTm1aV1ExTVROayIsInQiOiJWcnBRSUNJYWttdng5NGlubUZ0S1dlT1ZsZVg4bkREN2JMQkREVjViUktaRDUzMzMyQmg1NHFDWnF5b1hMZTB6MGhhNE9LYVp4NWM0ZWxpUWdKTnRkN2VDZVowSGxMdEZ5NHNcL0ZmWnduYk95MldTRUNzSDJjY25WTGZaWE9VcnFZY0hyMXJ4RVNTNzFxR3dcLzdpckpDQT09In0%3D

3 Likes

I just the email too. I’m emailing my reseller for clarification, but my understanding is it’s Adobe CC style licensing. No more floating license server, no more Flame Premium. You need a John.Doe@company.com sign in for each license.

Also sounds pretty hard to keep compliant with TPN when you need to open connections to:
stats.g.doubleclick.net
www.googletagmanager.com
www.google-analytics.com

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/What-URLs-protocols-should-be-accessible-for-Desktop-Subscription-to-work-html.html?st=what%20urls/protocols%20should%20be%20allowed

3 Likes

Nothing like having to wildcard half the internet just to get a license.

*.akamaiedge.net

Yea, I don’t get it at all. Nothing makes sense. I reached out to my reseller and they sent me back a bunch of nonsense that was just more confusing. Hopefully it’s not gibberish for “we’re raising costs on everyone”.

My understanding is everybody gets a username and a password.

Along with a price increase it would seem. In my case going from maintenance to subscription will be a pretty dramatic price increase. About 6 times more. So I have some doubts when they say the future prices will be consistent with what I pay now.

But you’ll get three for one and you only have to pay for the one you currently have…plus the other two you’re getting.

1 Like