Audio LUFS and LKFS

I think it is important to note that many non-native English speakers use “loudness” for volume, amplitude or levels, rather than the essence of the CALM act. In fact, I know a number of English speakers with no technical skills who also use it as a catch-all term.

1 Like

Most folks use plugins or expensive audio software for that.

But I just found this useful cloud app (actually appears to do it’s calculation locally, no long upload): https://loudness.app/ Tried it seems fine for a basic read-out.

I understand that most of times we have a different suite specialized for audio.

I don’t pretend to use flame as a DAW, I was thinking more on the following scenario:

The audio engineer have already made a main mix and/or sent the project or an AAF with separated tracks, just like when you master for Dolby vision it would be so helpful that flame could have the ability to normalize the imported audio based upon different standards of delivery, in that case the final export for a specified platform would be out from flame altogether without the need to add replacing audio steps

Ah, that makes sense.

If the various standards are pretty close (like 24LUFS and 21LUFS or whatever), you should be able to do a gain adjustment and be just fine. If the delta between the standards is bigger, than it may not work so well. Flame can’t measure the Loudness, but if your audio engineer gives you a master that’s proper for 21LUFS, you can re-use that, lower the gain by ~3dB (it’s not exact math as these are two related by not identical measures), and then just double check with the app I mentioned earlier.