Command Line Archiving

ah ok. I thought that Command Line Archiving works to restore archive also.

There are restore commands in flame_archive.
It’s been awhile, but I remember restoring the entire project was easy. Restoring a portion was a bit harder to wrangle programmatically.

Here’s v1.0 which should be in the Logik Portal soon - bb_archiver_ui.zip (27.6 KB)

And here’s a 4-ish minute long explanation of how to use it.

Some warnings (also covered in the video):

1. The script displays all projects regardless of version of the Project. Here’s the feature request to list only current projects - FI-02946.
  2. You can’t background archive the current project. Backburner Manager will get stuck on waiting until you exit or switch projects.
  3. It can tie up your BB Queue, so run it at night or use a different BB Manager.
  4. Size estimate is only useful for the first time you run it. It can crash or lock up Flame so I might remove the button.
  5. Jobs will go from Active to Complete. I’m not sure if there is a way to display progress. I would love to know if it’s possible.
3 Likes

Open question: does anyone who uses shot tracking system like Shotgrid still archive?

@cnoellert @ALan

It’s the only thing that will hold your edit and any timeline repos if you are acting as VFX editor for your facility :person_shrugging:

Good answer.

at the end of the project

1 Like