Flame environment variables and centralized environment

Hello Flame folks,
I’m looking into ways of launching flame with a more centralized environment. We often use application centric environment variables and flags to manipulate certain things on launch.
I’ve found the list of launch flags that I can use on the cmd line.
I’m also aware of several “DL_*” environment variables, like DL_PYTHON_HOOK_PATH, DL_GMASK_AUTO_MOVE_MODE, etc.

Is there a full list of these variables available somewhere?

Any other tips for more “centralized” application environment?

Thanks,
-Jake

@Jacob There is no list of environment variables available.

That being said, what you are trying to achieve is something that we would like to improve for the future so please send me a direct message if you would like to have a chat with members of the development team on that subject so we can identify your needs an requirements.

@fredwarren Thanks Fred! I have sent a direct message on the autodesk site.

Hi Jacob,

If you are interested in truly optimizing your Flame experience for centralization, checkout my S&W videos on my YouTube channel. This has revolutionized our Flame workflow.

1 Like

A little up for this.

Reading this about flame connection problems, I saw something about an environment variable I didn’t know about, and I’ve been surprised that such specific variables exist.

There are more interesting sutff like this one, about start flame with all libraries closed, what I find it incredibly interesting and useful. For example, to prevent flame crashing when some clip/desktop/library gets corrupted. Or simply, as the original topic says, to speed up flame start. If I had known about this, it would have saved some dramatic situation. We have all read topics here about people with this problem and I don’t remember anyone talking about this

I wonder why there is no a list of environment variables availabe. Or if It’s the typical scenario where adults think that children should not know some things. Since a few versions, environment variables can be easily set with the setup tool. So I guess that we, even as user-level, we might know a little bit more about this.