Flame equivalent to Nuke Gizmo?

Still going through some docs… asking here as a display of laziness.
Does Flame have an equivalent way to how gizmos work in Nuke? Grouping nodes together and exposing parameters in a custom UI? Maybe also adding custom widgets like buttons that execute python code?
Tx

Flame doesn’t and …does.

The way to do it in flame is to build your gizmo inside a group and to create a custom matchbox shader that is just named variables for the parameters you want to expose. Link those matchbox variables to the actual blurs/etc in the gizmo with expressions and set the group to expose the UI of the custom matchbox.

I built a “rack defocus comp” group once. It worked as advertised, but no one used it because you can’t “nodify” a group the way you can a Nuke Gizmo, so you have to save it into a bin or load a setup and copy/paste it. I feel like expressions breaking as the internal names changed may have been an issue too.

So yeah, doable, but almost certainly more trouble than it’s worth. There may be a feature request for this.

1 Like

Thanks Andy. Coming from Nuke I have all these questions. Appreciate the prompt answers.
A