Flame Family 2023.0.1 is now available!

There are a considerable number of facilities that work on long-form that (still!) use output to VTR. I haven’t put anything to tape in years, but trust me, plenty of big studio$ require a tape as a deliverable.

1 Like

Sounds like a great idea. Let the world know. Welcome to Flame Feedback!

This is the world isn’t it?

Tape was always a good backup when everything else failed. I do miss that but it seems like a crazy idea to use decks nowadays, considering the plethora of video formats that exist. You could never have enough decks and yo’d be switching frame rates every half an hour

…and you’d be surprised to know that SD VTR output (yes, the stuff you’ve put to trash some years ago…) is still a thing!

1 Like

Wow. About 5 years ago I sold my £58k Sony HD 444 tape deck for £2.5k.

1 Like

I did the same with a few Digis and Betas, DAT machines and Umatics. A load of old stuff we never used anymore and it was just taking up rack space.

They ended up on eBay and went for about £50 each!

1 Like

I kept the digi beta after a dealer offered £100…
Decided it was worth keeping for nostalgia reasons…that and it’s fun to play with a real jog wheel every so often!

1 Like

Damn! I would have bought it since at that time ours HDCAM SR deck died and we needed one for validation!

1 Like

if you still have Sony CRTs around, don’t trash them since retro gamers are all over them on eBay and price is up!

1 Like

Sold all our decks 2006 while there where still some crazy people in the market for them. Have not looked back since. digibetas, betas and and a big ass Woodoo D6….

1 Like

@Slabrie if you’re really in the market for an HDCAM SR deck. I have the droids you are looking for. :slight_smile:

Hello Naveen! Long time no speak!

All good here since our friends at Sony Japan were able to help.

It has been quite a long time!
I’m glad to hear Sony could help you out.
All the best!

There should be one single click to do to disable those sync warnings. It’s super annoying…

Once you switch to Free Sync they no longer appear. It’s a game changer

I gave away two D1s two digibeta a d5 and a hdcam when I last moved country. Mostly because I knew if I shipped them I’d add a rack and wire them up despite not using them once in the previous 5 years. I haven’t owned a vtr in 7 years now. Wouldn’t mind a one inch though…

Thanks! - just used this to remove an annoying genlock message😁

I’ll bet @Wispy has an old 1 inch lying about.

2 Likes

GLOL! Nope, not got that one.