Flame freezes when rendering in batch at random places

Hi guys, I’ve got a problem when I render in Big Batch: the render always freezes. It’s not freezing on a particular frame; it’s random. One minute it’ll freeze at 100 frames, then it’ll freeze at 170 frames. It’s only 200 frames; it’s not a very big comp but it just randomly freezes and doesn’t continue. I have to force quit Flame and come back in. However I did discover that flushing the cache under preferences fixed the issue. Which leads me to my question: what is this cache holding for 30 days that is set in preferences?

Image

I had this in the past and I remember that the multi batch render python script helped me with this. Same with slow batch renders. Never knew what the cause was, but it worked for that job. Give it a try and let us know.