Flame is Weird

As I’m drawing a mask around an object to planar track, cutting the tracked axis off the bottom of the image node and applying it to the top, then pressing “invert” to stabilize the image, I had a thought:

This is a WEIRD process.

2 Likes

Being East Coast really helps me get the jump.

Seriously, next time you stabilize an image, think about the steps you do. It’s like if you had to CC an image by negating it first.

1 Like

i think about this a lot in flame. At some point there were resources to integrate workflows and processes in an intuitive way. Now it seems to get shoe horned in one way or another, if we are lucky. (hello Particles, new text tool, better camera tracking, etc etc) Reminds me of a great FB thread wherein @ALan famously coined the phrase “spaghetti workflow.”

2 Likes

It’s called job security, @andy_dill. I’ve spent years reading the fecking manual. Don’t futz with my chi.

1 Like

:laughing:

Aren’t you the same Aaaandy Dill who preferred to do a 1pt track then press stabilise rather than toggle to stabilise because it got a better result?

Anyhow in a way it’s weird but it’s also not because at least you can invert it. I remember when I was still pretty green and getting myself into a pickle with the desktop stabiliser not being able to put the move back on a clip after an hour of painting in a client attended session!

1 Like

Paste tense John? I AM the Aaaaaandy Dill who prefers that. :joy:
(pedantic note: I press ‘invert’, not ‘stabilize’)

2 Likes

:rofl: