FLAME-ON-MAC: Remote client screening setup?

Second this. Used Louper for the last 7 months. Very content.

Hi, Iā€™m not sure if its part of the problem but you may also need to upgrade your zoom account to HD. I did this a while ago.
How to upgrade your Zoom account

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal or create a Zoom account if you do not have one yet.
  2. In the navigation panel, click Account Management, then Billing.
  3. In the Current Plan tab, click Upgrade Account.
  4. In the box of the plan you want to purchase, click Upgrade.

This doc also might help

another vote for louper.io it has worked great for us. If you do have an ATEM, you can actually set it up to stream directly to your louper room via the ethernet out. Makes starting the stream super quick and one less things for your computer to process.

2 Likes

Oh this is great and one of the questions I wanted to ask when I chat with them. My Web Presenter should be able to do the same then. Thanks @dave

1 Like

Hey guys - to all the LOUPER users out there - I just had a terrific onboarding with the LOUPER guys - very cool software. I am playing with a couple of different ways to use it to see what works best for me.

I have a BMD Web Prsenter setup to stream direct top Louper which slmost works great but the stream feed rashes quite often.

How are you all using LOUPER - I am finding it impossible to setup via NDI out of Flame and I am loosing my broadcast monitor feed to do so - curious to know your setups with it?

Iā€™ve used it with NDI but it was a year ago when it first came out. Should work. Do you have NDI working on your local network?

Iā€™ve used it both with NDI and SDI.

SDI wise Iā€™ve used it direct to a Mac mini via a BMD ingest as well as looped through my Sony broadcast to the same Mac mini/BMD setup.

The NDI setup is basically just this on LBS->

ā€¦add an NDI source, open itā€™s properties, have Flame already running with NDI enabled and then select that Flameā€™s output in the source name menu.

Weird - exact same setup that I have but I get no preview picture in LBS and therefore no stream. (Thanks for sharing @cnoellert !!!) - an I ask, when I do this I loose my broadacst monitor because flame has to be set to use NDI as the broadcast monitor. Does this happen for you also? If not how are you getting an image to your broadcast display as well as to LBS?

Right now the most stable way I am finding to use it is using the BMD Web Presenter as a USB Cam feed which is surprisingly good quality and seems to work really well but I would love to get the BMD Streaming and handling the encoding itself rather than via LBS.

1 Like

I rolled my own service , but woukd have probably done louper now, seems awesome, but as long as my own solution works ill keep that

Itā€™s really awesome - the guys at Louper mentioned a few future plans which I think will put this right at the top of the food chain!

I would test first to make sure that your Flame is broadcasting NDI and is setup correctly. In setup, make sure you have NDI selected as your video out and have have a preview out enabledā€¦

In flame make sure youā€™ve got the broadcast section looking right. You should then be broadcasting NDI. You can always download the NDI tools from NDI and use the NDI monitor to check.

Regarding the broadcast monitor, you can use Ultragrid to pickup the NDI output from your Flame and then beam it out to your broadcast via SDI.

Ultragrid can be found here and the setup from me is basically selecting the NDI source from the source menu. Then selecting my preview device, in this case an Ultrastudio monitor connected to my laptop, enabling preview and lastly setting compression to ā€œnone.ā€ When I hit the big start button, UG streams the same NDI signal that LBS is streaming to Louper, to my broadcast monitor.

Easy peasyā€¦

2 Likes

I used to have NDI running from my remote Flame(s) over the VPN to my broadcast here at home via a semi-janky app called NDI Outlet. However due to some connection weirdness Iā€™ve had to move from VPN to packet filtering (I think?) and I havenā€™t figured out a way to send that yet.

Worked pretty great when it did though.

Iā€™m still trying to figure out some simple way to pipe either the NDI or the blackmagic/aja feed to a webex session instead of sharing the whole screen. My problem is I am bouncing around between a remote linux box, remote mac box and local mac box and I donā€™t really want to buy three pieces of hardware.

You could basically do NDI out, run UG as above and do raw NDI to SDI output over the VPN.

If youā€™re having bandwidth issues due to the VPN, you could just run UG on the source Flame (itā€™ll work both Linux and Mac), capture the NDI output and transmit a compressed signal to your remote headā€“h265 or whatever which you capture in UG on the remote head and layout to HDSDI.

You could even bypass the VPN completely if you want using something like Tailscale on both the flame and the remote head. When I do on location sessions, I use Tailscale to hold-punch the firewall and stream via UG directly to my laptop and out over to the broadcast via UG. Itā€™s pretty smooth.

Iā€™ve never used Webex, so I donā€™t know what that shit entailsā€¦

I like Louper as a simple way of broadcasting but found that my stream would bug out often. Probably has something to do with my internnet connection or being at the ass end of the world (australia)

Oh, surprisingly I just figured out my webex issue.

You can just download the free NDI Core Tools and the new version has an app called NDI Virtual Input. Start up your Flame NDI stream, select the NDI stream from the (only) drop down menu and it pops up as your camera stream in Webex. Itā€™s supposed to work with other providers too.

Extremely easy peasy.

1 Like

A few other goodies to help you on your NDI way.

1 Like

always on that grind.

2 Likes

https://www.google.com/search?q=total.recall.i+got.5+kids.to.fees&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:ea251445,vid:_dhjmSp30jc,st:0

Isnā€™t tailscale just another VPN? Or am i reading this site wrong?

Currently trying to get NDI working via packet filtering over the internet but my local box isnā€™t discovering the source even though I have the IP set right and the discovery port (5960) is open for that box.

Does anyone have this working? It works over the VPN, but my connection without the VPN is like five (good day) to twenty (bad day) times faster, so I am trying to not use the it.

Traditional VPNs are much slower. But things like Wireguard and ZeroTier can be line rate.