Flame system configuration

Hello all,

Looking to build a Flame system from scratch.

What is the most recent and best configuration for a Linux Flame machine to perform extreme comp including timeline?

Thanks.

I’m a linux fanboy… but having said that. I’m running a MacStudio Ultra as my ‘WFH’ system and a beefy Linux box at my office… I’m not sure when the Linux box is due for renewal it will not be replaced by a Mac M4/5/6… I’m quite impressed by the way Mac handles its video memory and its overall speed. However… if (when?) Flame gets more ML/AI tools Linux/ Nvidia might still be the way… a linux box with at least 196Gb ram and the beefiest Nvidia card you can get will get you a long way…

1 Like

Depending on your appetite for doing IT admin work, I would keep in mind that sticking with the reference systems from ADSK can keep things much simpler on the install. So I would look at this list and pick one, max it out within your budget and you should be in good shape:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Flame-Family-Linux-Certified-Self-Qualified-systems-and-storage-solutions.html

1 Like

[quote=“Ton, post:2, topic:9449”]If Flame gets more ML/AI tools Linux/ Nvidia might still be the way…
[/quote]

May not be limited to ML/AI: Nvidia optical flow accelerators