Games Corner

I play tested Ultima! Hung out at Richard Garriot’s castle.

3 Likes

This is just a thread bump to remind everyone that Elden Ring is among the best video games ever made.

I just got to the last area with my fourth character (my son decreed I make a mage who looks like one of the game’s composers) and it’s still fun. Had I not had a busy work week I would have tried to lay waste to the last boss with Azur’s Comet.

If I do another run it’s gonna be daggers only. Cos that’ll be nuts.

1 Like

Andy, I’m sorry to hear that video games are your life. It was mine too, as I play tested my dad’s video game Duke Nukem 3D endlessly. Life does get better post video games.

False.

3 Likes

Wait… @GPM … are you saying your played a copy of duke nukem that your dad had bought or that your dad was heavily involved in the creation of Duke Nukem and that’s why you refer to it as “his game?” Because I found a Greg Malone associated with Duke Nukem after a cursory google search. I think that’s pretty dang neat if I’m not all wrong here.

1 Like

wow, interesting. I played that game a lot, including creating levels with the 2d leveleditor, sector effectors someone? to try to make 3d levels. Playing games is all about balance. Recently played some old adventure games.
Finished with Loom (32 years old game), now playing Syberia. I like slow, story based games nowadays…

1 Like

When sb. is in search for some mobilegame, I just played “There is no game: WB”.
It’s only some point&click but for a mobile game satisfying and not that short.
Great for render\idling times.

Bought the Golfgame PGA 2k21 on Humblebundle. Anyone else playing this game? Could be fun playing some golf session in multiplayer.

Humblebundle? Furiously googling…

1 Like

It’s a charity based site, being there for years.(Not advertising them etc, just how it is atm, got a bunch of games from the site)

2 Likes

The IRIX Light Cycle game that I keep an Onyx2 up and running for just in case I want to play it.

Totally worth the extra $200 on my power bill!

3 Likes

I am having some much needed game therapy after a series of intense projects back to back.
I wanted to mention how much fun I am having playing Tunic!

At first it was a huge novelty because it is the first game I have installed on my flame iMac but now I am so in love with the world design and the beauty of this game. I haven’t marvelled at level design and world building like this since Fez

3 Likes

Hey sorry @BrittCiampa, I just saw your question. Yeah my dad was producer/director on Duke 3D. Though after he sued and settled with 3D Realms for overseas residuals, his name and credit was scrubbed from all Duke-related stuff. His picture was on the box in the first release.

I still think it was a groundbreaking and exhilarating game - the first first person shooter game with humor and a “soul” (even if a dastardly and perverted soul.). My dad did wrote such classy Duke lines as “I’m gonna rip off your head and shit down the hole” - then made a cinematic victory scene of doing just that. :cowboy_hat_face:

10 Likes

I’m still mostly playing Elden Ring (I finally beat Malenia with no summons last week!), but I downloaded Backbone and it’s gorgeous. A pixel art detective story. Not too far into it (what with Elden Ring and all) but it’s a nice change of pace from my usual.

This is so amazing I am having a little internal nerdgasm. I spent soooo much time playing l that game in my youth. Vivid memories. You’re a descendant of royalty my man. I shall call you “Prince Greg” henceforth.

1 Like

I really loved Elden Ring. Terrible at it, but loved it. I think I’m gonna need something easier though. Something less stressful. Something more relaxing.

1 Like

Journey.

If you like puzzle games or programming games:

There’s a free demo you can download.
Years ago it was a Flash game, but now that Flash is dead the creator added a bunch of content and made it a stand-alone game.

-Ted

2 Likes

me too Andy, i love the look of Backbone, gives me some Where in the World in Carmen vibes…

1 Like

Stardew Valley or Spiritfarer if you want the complete opposite, IMO. Both are great!

1 Like