Company: Company 3
Position: Systems Engineer (Technical Flame Assist, Autodesk)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Hours of Operation: 9:00am – 6:00pm PST (varies depending on business needs; after hours work as needed)
*Pay Range: $40.00 - $80.00 USD hourly
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATIONS HERE: Systems Engineer (Technical Flame Assist, Autodesk) - Company3/Method Studios - Career Page
As a Flame Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical support and expertise for the Autodesk Flame suite of products. Your role will involve assisting users, troubleshooting issues, and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. This is a unique opportunity for a technical professional with a strong desire to work with cutting-edge post-production technology and support creative professionals in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment.
The Systems Engineer - Flame will provide technical support and assistance to users of Autodesk Flame software and respond to customer inquiries and technical issues in a timely and professional manner. They will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving software and hardware-related issues for Flame workstations, and install, configure, and maintain Flame software and related applications. Additionally, the Systems Engineer – Flame will be responsible for the following:
- Administer and maintain Flame Workstation access on production VLAN.
- Install and maintain Linux updates, Flame family software, and proprietary software on Flame Workstations.
- Administer LDAP group membership and access to shotgun projects.
- Maintain and support Flame artist home directories and preferences.
- Start, stop, and restart Flame software services on Flame and Flame Render workstations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve complex technical problems.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including troubleshooting guides and knowledge base articles.
- Participate in testing and quality assurance activities for Flame software updates and releases.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and developments in the post-production industry and Autodesk Flame technology.
Please note that in this position, you must be available to cover SLA hotline: nights and weekends, on-call duty required on a rotating basis (Holidays included), overtime is expected.
WHAT YOU BRING:
The ideal Systems Engineer - Flame candidate must have strong technical knowledge and experience with Autodesk Flame software, including proficiency in troubleshooting and supporting Flame installations, and an excellent understanding of post-production workflows and industry-standard practices. Additional requirements include:
- Proficiency in Linux operating systems and command-line tools.
- Experience in administering and maintaining Flame Workstation.
- Familiarity with installing and maintaining Linux updates on Flame Workstations.
- Expertise in installing, configuring, and maintaining Flame family software on Flame Workstations.
- Understanding of LDAP group administration.
- Experience in administering shotgun projects.
- Knowledge of starting, stopping, and restarting Flame software services on Flame and Flame Render workstations.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think analytically.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Strong customer service orientation and a commitment to providing exceptional support.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with other post-production software and workflows is a plus.
Experience with the following is considered an asset:
- Theater, Edit and Color Bay support. Including monitor calibration.
- Arista, Brocade, Palo Alto, FortiGate, Supermicro, Dell, HP, Gigabyte, is a plus.
- Knowledge of Networking: IPs/Subnetting/VLANs/Firewalls.
- Server/PC hardware: Custom building, parts replacement, upgrades.
- Operating systems: Linux (Centos/RHEL), Windows, MacOS.
- Storage devices: RAID, NAS, SAN (Fiber Channel).
- Understanding of video and audio standards.
About the Company:
Company 3 / Method Studios provides a full range of Creative Services for content creators, including conceptual design, pre-vis, look development, ideation and rapid prototyping, 3D animation/CGI, motion graphics/designers, matte painting, compositing, dailies and production services, color grading, post-production finishing, marketing/trailers, live-action production, experiences, and more.
Diversity and Inclusion at Company 3:
Creativity has diversity at its core. We celebrate the value of each unique experience by being dedicated to fostering the most diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where every employee feels empowered and safe to show up to work as their full self.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
*The listed pay range represents the lowest to highest range that we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, local currency exchange rates, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, applicable law, and business or organizational needs.
The benefits for eligible part-time employees working 25 or more hours per week and full-time employees in the US include a comprehensive package of health, retirement, and insurance benefits and paid time off. The benefits for eligible project hires and part-time employees working less than 25 hours per week in the US include retirement, select insurance benefits, and where required by law, health benefits. For roles filled in Canada and other territories, local benefits plan offerings will apply.
Both external and internal candidates can apply for this role through this careers’ website.
The above compensation and benefits information is provided in accordance with various state and local pay transparency laws.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with applicable law.