License issue

We have already contacted support, but I was curious if anyone has ever had such a problem with licenses? Today the two Flames here are not opening.
The splash login window appears and after a second disappears and got this message:

Hi @carloscampos,

The issue is known, and our team is taking a look at it as we speak.

The only workaround we found so far is:

1. Uninstalling the application (using the rmsoft tool)
  2. Delete or rename the /opt/Autodesk/AdskLicensing directory
  3. Install flame
  4. Launch the Flame and sign in

Our support team will follow up with you about the issue.

Regards,
Yann

Thanks, Yann.
returned to work here without any necessary action!

Yann, uninstalling Flame, and installing back means losing all the projects?

Hi @carloscampos,

Apologies for the delayed response,

No.

Uninstalling Flame does not remove the project data. It only affects the application.

Please, let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Yann

Thanks for answering, Yann!

What worries us is that in two weeks we received no response from Autodesk regarding this call.
In the recent past, support with direct contact with people like Marta Ezcurra was very efficient!
Is it still possible to have this kind of support, Yann?

Did you log a Support Ticket? Because Marta typically reaches out same day.

Yes, but we do not have any special support, just the standard

1 Like

Special support? What’s that?

I thought that there is a special paid plan to be answered promptly, otherwise, they answer in 2 days, isn’t it that way?

I don’t believe that is accurate. If you have an active subscription, then, depending on what kind of problem it is…licensing, installation, using the software, etc, you are presented with one of a few options. Each support request type is a bit different, I believe. For some cases, you can speak with a live agent via chat. For some cases, you can schedule a call. For some cases, you can send a message and get a response within 1 day. For some cases, you can send a message and get a response within 2 days.

This has been my experience, and I just pay a monthly recurring license. Larger facilities may have something custom and unique but I’m not aware of any special support. Of course I could be mistaken.

Each time I’ve had to open a case this year, I’ve either gotten someone available on chat almost instantly, scheduled a call with Marta, who, has always been prompt and usually early, or absolutely received a message within their suggested time frame.

When you log into your manage.autodesk.com account, do you have an open case listed?

Something sounds fishy.

Hi @carloscampos,

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Can you please share the support case # so that I can follow up on it?

Best,
Yann

Support case # 17146637

Thank you!

Hi @carloscampos,

According to the case notes, the support team has contacted your company via email about it (on November 7th) and never got any response back.

Therefore, the case has been closed.

It is not a common practice to reveal details about a case on a public forum. If you need more details about this case, I recommend contacting our Technical Support directly and follow up with it.

Best,
Yann

Accept my apologies for the inconvenience, Yann. I assure you that it will not happen again. We were desperate with two Flames turned off. A sleepless night. It was 12 hours of Flame not working. Then it went back to work without any action on our part. The call was made by our IT staff. I asked to check out what happened to this Autodesk response that never came to my attention.
Again, sorry, and thank you very much for your attention.
Sincerely,

Carlos

1 Like

There is definitely no apology required @carloscampos.

Do not hesitate to reach out to us again if there is anything.

Best,
Yann

1 Like