If you had to change Flame's name to something else, what would you change it to?

If you had to change Flame’s name to something else, what would you change it to?

*effect

3 Likes

Bohème

Vertical Lift

1 Like

Gertrude.

8 Likes

Pied Piper

1 Like

I always like Inferno name.

Never understand why Autodesk deside to keep middle brand of three existed

3 Likes

Flambé

5 Likes

fuuuLAAMING!!

1 Like

Flame Pro.

If Pro is in the name, I know it’s next level.

5 Likes

Virtuoso

Yeah i too have wanted to work on an Inferno

Is it true that there is a company that paid autodesk to change the splash screen from flame to inferno because their customers wanted to continue working on inferno

I was told it was the nation of Japan, collectively, that wished to keep the Inferno moniker.

No clue about the veracity of this.

2 Likes

100% true.

There was a special Japan-only enclosure (I’ve only seen pictures), and I think some sort of integrated burn setup, but was otherwise a standard Linux flame with inferno badging.

3 Likes

Also, existing inferno customers could maintain an inferno license until pretty recently. They had at least one at Method until not that long ago, and I have photo evidence of inferno 2013 running in the wild at a shop I used to freelance at:

3 Likes

Is there a way to change the splash screen on flame. I would like to upgrade to inferno. :grinning:

1 Like

It used to be a .rgb or.sgi that you could edit but I don’t thing that’s the case anymore, probably because people were doing exactly that.

There’s several PNGs in /opt/Autodesk/VERSION/menu/splashScreens/ at differing aspect ratios based on your monitor. You can replace them, and then delete the corresponding .raw file from /opt/Autodesk/VERSION/status/ (like flame_16x9.raw) and when you launch, Flame will read the relevant PNG and regenerate a new raw which it uses.

2 Likes

I remember this!

Slayer

4 Likes