Intel screen Comp

I mean yea its pretty cringy all over but this just takes the cake…

also forgotten trackmarkes in the thumbnail…

3 Likes

Intel has really improved their camouflage finger technology

4 Likes

“But make sure the sources are all uncompressed 32bit… don’t want any quality degradation.”

6 Likes

Cut it out guys. This may have happened to one of us. Now show some respect and blame the Account Executive like any self-respecting flame artist would!

Joking aside, this has happened to all of us. I once drove halfway across the country with 3 kids under 3, 1 wife, and 1 dog to open up a brand new studio 2 weeks early for my favorite client and proceeded to ship the wrong spot. On day -14.

3 Likes

This brings to mind one of my favorite quotes, something along the lines of “if you think it’s expensive to hire a professional, wait until you see what it costs to hire an amateur.”

From Red Adair, who was talking about extinguishing oil field fires, but I still think of it often.

But yes, I’ve been in the wrong side of this too and have the ruined pants to prove it.

6 Likes

…which almost allows us to close the loop between this thread and another on-going discussion here on logic. 99 jobs are perfect but the one with a mistake always makes it to air.

3 Likes

In this case the other commercials arent much better and have weird things all over but I dont blame the artist… he/she probably just got the call to replace the screen like 10minutes before delivery…

Like for some reason their m1 macbook is running windows when they show off the multi-screen stuff…

I blame the agency, its always the agency :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Two things:

1: I guarantee if you went through my work you’d find things like that all over the place. The whole system is stacked against having the time and headspace to check for these things. I’ve seen things that bad on delivery day and thought, “it’ll take four hours to fix, and nobody wants to hear that right now” and kept my mouth shut.

Because really, they’re ads. They’re wrapping paper. None of it matters.

2: My M1 macbook is a lovely shade of “metal peach” (they call it gold) so they do come in more color options.

5 Likes

Flame for commercials:

It’s like an elephant juggling two hungry lions on its trunk, while balancing on an in-line skate, crossing a tightrope over an “Indiana jones” type river full of starving crocodiles.

I’m all about the helicopter ride these days…

2 Likes

Not to kick em when they’re down but…

3 Likes

Artists SHOULD NOT have final qc on their own work. Years ago, I would myopically focus on some other part of the comp that’s given me fits and miss something. Or I was in an insane rush. Or distracted by something in the room at just that frame (several times at the exact spot)… And because we penholders are so close to our work, we will be guaranteed to miss at least something. It’s good to have someone to proof. Or as my kids call it, dummy check.

5 Likes

@Josh_Laurence Working from home for the past year now, every once and awhile my girlfriend will walk by and say something like, “whoa, what a weird looking street sign” and then I’m like, oh no, that’s the street sign I’ve been working on replacing for two hours, and oh god, it does look really weird hahaha.

4 Likes

Make a quick “girlfriend replacement” batch…

1 Like

I do agree with this. You can look at something all day and somehow not see the obvious.

3 Likes

Hahaha
Like my “flame career”…
Hahaha

everybody say hi to Dennis Williams, the stunt truck driver on Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior. If you spent the time and energy making sure every pixel of every frame was perfect no one would work with you because you’re “too slow.” You just gotta ride that line and put your time into the right places.

4 Likes

But not doing roto on a thumb is like… people were just too worried about the wrong things most likely. Forest for trees I guess and perhaps we’re just looking at the wrong stuff too (as exemplified by the above post pointing out that the bezel on the Mac was all wrong)…

I’m getting a vision of the shoot…

1 Like

Ok. I love the idea of Justin “I’m a Mac” Long being equated to Bela “I’m Dracula” Lugosi. It’s, in my mind, an excellent analogy. We all know they did other stuff, but I mean, come on, that’s Dracula. OR, ya know, he’s a Mac who’s been turned into a walrus and also played dodgeball.

1 Like

What we reallllly need is a Lon Chaney saying “I’m a Linux”