Longform playback issues

I know this discussion has been brought up in the past, but has there been any developments in Flames ability to playback long form media without caching or proxies? Loading a 1.5 hour Pro Res in Premiere and Resolve with no issues, and Flame cant even begin to play it back. I am running Flame 2024.2.1 on a Mac Studio Ultra with 128 G of Ram, with 25Gb/s Nas connection…same as Resolve and Premiere. WHY is this an issue in 2024?

There was apparently an update that fixed this issue but im yet to experience an improvement. I also thought it was a linuyx only issue?

I will say this was playing back EXR sequences and anything above a 422hq prores.

It is extremely frustrating

Has there been any updates on this issue? I just restored an archive on a MacBookPro (OS 13.5.2, 64GB ram) with Flame 2024.2.1 and whenever I hit play on the timeline, nothing happens except the Mac’s beach ball spins.

It was the audio. After replacing the original audio file, it plays.

2 Likes

Happy to hear you have found a workaround for your problem. Do you plan to open a support ticket and provide content so we can have a look and solve the problem?

1 Like

This one is a good old user error. In the confirm tab, I noticed all media was pointing to its original location. Since I restored this archive/project on a different computer, nothing but renders were shown/linked. After relinking, it was all-good.

I believe there’s a setting for archiving media to link to new location—I have look into that.
I also wish there was a way to stop Flame from looking or processing (or whatever it’s doing). Something similar to how Avid allows you to stop a function by selecting command period.

Thanks for the update! Before restoring an archive that have been made on a system with different media path, make sure to enable the option Use Local Path in MediaHub/Archive prior rstoring the archive so content can be decoded using your local access or using Path Translation.

1 Like

Thanks Slabrie, I’ll definitely try that.

1 Like

Hi @Slabrie ,

Does the “Use Local Path” matter when archiving a project?

The “Use Local Path” option is only used when restoring an archive. So, if you have defined a path translation so content can be relinked based on your local path, you need this option set before restoring.

1 Like