Pointing Flame to current media after restoring Flame Archive

Hello

After moving the media to an other Framestore(Finder/filesystem) I restored the project with "Restore Archive. After restarting Flame everything looks fine in the Timeline (e.g. no unlinked media errors, no white/black checkboard, not Flame icon :slight_smile:

After that I made a “Media Location Path Translation” , but I don’t know if it was working, because
[Alt/Option] + [Click] on a Timeline segment does still show the “old” media location.

Is this ok?

Thank you!

Joe

1 Like

I can confirm that even after entering a Path Translation rule, you’ll see the old path when you Alt+click.

However, if you were seeing linked media before you created a PT rule, then you’re probably looking at cached media from the archive. That’s not a problem, it’s just not a confirmation that Path Translation is working.

-Ted

1 Like

Thank you for the advise.

->However, if you were seeing linked media before you created a PT rule, then you’re probably
->looking at cached media from the archive
That with the cached media from the archive makes sense to me.

->I can confirm that even after entering a Path Translation rule, you’ll see the old path
That is not so nice… somedays this will confuse me when I forgot that a PT rule is active.

Thank’s!

Joe

Is there a way to advice Flame not to use the cached media of the Archive anymore and to use instead a regular path in the filesystem? To my knowledge this can not be done with Path Translation…

You can unlink the Media and then relink it from the conform tab.
Disabling cache while conforming and writing the archive with sourcemedia cache disabled will prevent it in future.

Maybe flush all the renders?

Should I “Flush Renders” (Option-right click → Media → Flush Renders) all segments of all tracks (of the Timeline)?

Is it possible that after “Flush Renders” the path of the footage is not shown anymore (option-right click)?

Thank’s!