Mac Pro wishes and caviar dreams

4 Likes

I’ve been waiting a long time to see what AAPL is going to do with this new machine.

I’d like to see the performance of a nicely-configured Mac Studio plus a bit of internal expansion for something like a PCI RAID card and an upgradable GPU.

p.s. Randy, I think Robin Leach would probably hold out for a full-on new Apple Silicon Mac Pro with the fancy wheels.

1 Like

can’t wait. im still loving the Mac studio!

2 Likes

i am not buying a new computer without a 4090, get it together apple and nvidia, now kiss :frowning:

5 Likes

As much as I love the quality of Apple hardware and their innovation. I don’t miss the constant angst on when and how they might finally update hardware I need. The reality is that most business does not run on Apple time. Add to that the insane tax their annual OS upgrades have exerted on the industry, not to mention the M1/M2 migration tax, and it’s hart to have a lot of love left there.

I still like and use their products, but sleep much better with more control over my hardware choices.

I would also like World Peace!

2 Likes

I am super curious how the tower is going to work when the M series chips fuze cpu and gpu together what is the point of expansion when or if one won’t take advantage of those or maybe it offloads some of the gpu tasks but then that undermines their own marketing.

You might still put other cards in such as DeckLink or storage related like extra NVMe.

It will be interesting to see if some of the current AMD cards can co-exist with the GPU cores? Conceivable.

The single biggest marketing message is compute power/watt. A comparable M2 MacPro would run cooler than the Intel version.

my toaster runs cooler than the current intel chips :smiley:

4 Likes