Markers global rename

Hi, I’m marking up a bunch of rushes using segment markers and I want to number each take. Is there a way of globally renaming adding a number on the end of each comment.

Is there a hidden token called marker number somewhere?

I’m not in front of the box for a few days so I can’t provide the link - but I’d take a good look at @andymilkis and @jsilbermanbaron csv to markers scripts. You should be able to manage a marker list doc outside the app.

I use it to help get comments from frameio into my timelines and you can use excel or sheets to massage the data.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll look into it. I can find how to export the markers from Flame within the app but cant see any import function. Maybe that’s only available via python??

@Josh_Laurence

Script not working and its complaining of a timecode source

I also tried exporting and reimporting the flame markers without success.

Got the script to work thanks to @Josh_Laurence by pasting the data from flameexport markers into an empty frameio exported file, modifying the data in excel then reimporting into flame. HOWEVER I lost all my beautiful colour coding of each segment colour.

Does anyone know if the import into flame / python script supports a colour field in the data set? @andymilkis ??

Hi John,

Question…. We’re the segments already coloured and running the script reset the colour, or do you want the segment to get a colour once the marker is applied?

Colour coding already created in flame. There is a colour field in the exported flame file

Here is a test export

test_segmarkers_flame.xml (436 Bytes)

Hey @johnag

See if this script helps.
You can select your Markers in the timeline and right click to find Renamers->Add Numbers to Marker Names.
rename_markers.py (1.1 KB)

Thanks that script works well. The marker number starts at whatever the marker number reached in the timeline so the numbering for me started at 476. Is there a way of starting from 1 and is there a way that the numbering starts from 1 at the beginning of each coloured group - sorry for sounding like a client.

That’s an interesting challenge. See if this one does the trick. I think the count started at 476 because you had other things selected, not just the markers so it was counting everything that was selected.

rename_markers.py (2.4 KB)

1 Like

@john-geehreng
Excuse my language but you are a fucking genius!
Thank you so much

2 Likes

Ha! That couldn’t be further from the truth, but I’m glad it worked for you.