Matchbox Wiki

Everybody can edit this list. Add your favorites!

AFX_Grade
Patterned after Nuke grade node, offers temp/tint sliders and more

Ls_Ash
A nice Sharpening tool

Infill_Blur
A tool for procedural infill painting, great for removing objects through gradients, mostly successful on still frames due to temporal instability.

Ls_ColourMatrix
3x3 color matrix operations and channel mixer (Resolve style). Good for low level color shifts and stylistic changes.

Ls_Chips
Get color sample chips of the image in Batch.

Ls_Relax
H-M-L shader color control.

Ls_Splineblur
Great for smoothing out cross hairs on complex hair jobs. This tool requires placement of either end of a line that covers the area to be blurred PERPENDICLUAR to the line drawn.

Ls_Nail
Warp input based on source/destination animation. Was featured in a LogikLive.

Ls_AirGlow
My favourite natural looking glow. Can’t use it enough. Can be quite a heavy matchbox due to its iterative nature. Accepts an alpha input. Gives an option for Linear, Log and two options for video. Can also output glow only.

Ls_VOPS
ADD MATTES TOGETHER. This tool can add up to five mattes and create a quick output of them all as one. You also get control over individual strengths of each matte by selecting the A-E pop up and adjusting the OVERALL SCALE field. 0-1

y_aov
Similar tool to Ls_Vops in that it can combine many mattes (up to six inputs) and has blending mode controls for each input’s R, G, & B channels.

Y_LensBlur
Great for fast and easy depth of field. Draw your own gmask depth matte or use provided depth matte for cg. Fantastic for screen comps with shallow depth of field, and can also easily create some cool tilt shift lens effects.

Crok_Skin
Synthetic skin generator for blending and skin repair via patches. See LogikLive on Beauty.

Crok_Reskin
Pairs with Crok_Skin and takes care of the blur and blending of synthetic skin patches.

Crok_IBK
IBK based keying tools

Crok_Erode
Similar to Nuke dilate node

Crok_Beer
Great tool to create randomish motion when used as a source for other nodes… feed into a 2d Histo to create greyscale matte, then into a glint to generate natural feeling sparkles.

ID_Alpha
Visualize alpha channel without viewer switch in batch

ID_Edgy
QC tool to find blanking errors and can also avoid negative values.

ID_Premultiply
Premult and Unpremult ops

Ls_Lumps
Splits images into 3 frequencies (Color, lumps and detail) and recombines them if needed. Very useful for beauty work for instance.

Ls_StickOn
Warp image based on motion vectors

MatteViewer
Display a color overlay of a matte on a front. Wonderful to sort out multiple mattes in a comp or just a sanity check. Super convenient to use per surface in Action.

y_blurs
Everything I’ve ever wanted out of a blur node. It’ll do matte blurs and gradient blurs. Just an outstanding node.

the_noise
one stop shop for noise textures. 20 different algorithms - really great to generate random mattes for Glints. The motion patterns vary from smooth to jagged. Can also be used to make randomized textures.

LS_Glint
SPARKLES. Adds star based sparkles on top of highlights. Great for jewelry. Input very tiny highlights, it’s sensitive. You can animate the size of the highlight as well as the points of the star and the intensity of the light. You can comp it on top of your source in the node or Screen/Add it outside for more control. The threshold determines the amount of the source considered to generate the sparkle.
Bevel
Good for text integration, the first pass with front and back feed to a blend and comp to give Edge, duplicate to create a new source from the front, and output the normal. Add the normal to action to your input 1 in screen mode, and pull light to negative Z. Give relief and relight
crok_distort
for all your glassy/watery/refractiony needs.

y_sharpen
Sharpen. Its a sharpen filter. A little aggressive at its default (5) but dial it back and it will apply a sharpen filter. Why not use LS_Ash :man_shrugging:

crok_vignette
A very quick and easy to use tool for creating a vignette

crok_grunge
Adds noise to matte edges. Anything below 1 but above 0 can have a texture applied to it.

K_chroma
The thicker the glass in your lens, the slower light travels through it. Different coloured light travels at different speeds. So lets all add some chroma warp at the edges of our comps and make them appear more realistic :grin: Use the Add Distortion to have chroma warp stronger at the edges of the frame.

Master Grade
This matchbox comes to us from Autodesk :scream: and is AMAZING!!
Has custom grade options for Linear (Exposure, Contrast, Offset, Pivot), Log (Brighntess, Contrast, Gamma, Pivot) and Video (Lfit, Gamma, Gain, Offset).

28 Likes

@Josh_Laurence yes, each topic can be made into a Wiki.

Edit away!

1 Like

I love this idea. I feel like they could benefit from a very short demo video. Some matchboxes come highly recommended and then I try them and I am stumped.

6 Likes

If you are stumped, add a request here for a video!

2 Likes

If I could make a small request to matchbox designers… If you are making a new matchbox…please name it with something to do with what it does? We have enough things with nonsense names like zig, tiggly, boop, dop, deep. We could use some simple names that describe what it does. Thanks. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

(Notes moved to the first post after some reading comprehension issues.)

• Andy

The first topic is a wiki Andy can you add yours to that? You can edit my post.

1 Like

While we are at it…a good lottery number generator would be nice. You feed in the last 20 wins and it figures out the algorithm and outputs the next winning ticket. For when you are waiting for client feedback.

1 Like

Is the plan to actually have a user contributabel wiki? Or is this just going to turn into a crazy long mega thread?

If you tell the clients that you use the B_PimpleRemover, they would think it’s just a click. But by using the B_UltraBoobRadiatingTool it sells much more epic and professional.

Edit: didn’t see this thread got merged to the bigger wiki topic, sry

Fun fact. Every post on this forum can be turned into a wiki. The first post in this thread is a user editable wiki. So click on the edit button on the bottom right of the very first post and you can add your suggestions.

Indeed

3 Likes

As if I didn’t have enough on my plate now I have to parent the children here too?

Fathers Day Parenting GIF by Bones

1 Like

Agreed!

This is great. I think I might add some of these descriptions to the matchbox descriptions on the Logik Portal.

2 Likes

Some people, amirite?

3 Likes

You had me at boob.

Hi there. it looks like they have discontinued Lumps. Any good alternatives? i use it a lot

Lumps should still be usable. Lewis recently updated it.

Still there: https://logik-matchbook.org/shader/Ls_Lumps

I think the Logik Portal list of matchbook is missing some, not sure why. The server had some traffic issues a while ago. I think it gets swamped by bot every so often…