Multiple selected objects in Action

We used to be able to select multiple objects in action and adjust their properties together. Like select 5 axes and adjust all their y values -100, or select 4 surfaces and toggle their blending modes…
When did we lose the ability to do that?

This is still possible, look for the shortcut “Action Toggle Multi Manipulation” ( Space M with flame shortcuts )

4 Likes

I though it was something I had dreamt… or that I was conflating softwares. Thanks for asking this.

1 Like

Hi,

I did a Flame Capsule for this a short while ago :slight_smile:

8 Likes

ooh! I missed this! Thanks!

I know Grant already basically totally addressed the main topic of this thread, but on a side note, I’m addicted to the material node in action in terms of animating transparencies on multiple surfaces simultaneously (under the blending tab, with the surfaces parenting the node). It’s so especially great if you’ve got surfaces with varying transparencies and you need them all to fade up or fade out together.

2 Likes

OMG! I can’t believe I missed this one!!! :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

What a great hack.

And you can select multiple objects in the schematic, surfaces and objects, add a material node from the bin and it will be parented to all of the applicable nodes. So no need to go kissing each node separately.

1 Like