Neat Video 5.2.6 tinting footage green?

Hey all! Has anyone else had Neat Video tint your denoised shots slightly green? I’m running an entire shot-at-night car commercial through it, and am getting a noticeable green bump. Normally I’m doing the add/subtract noise dance, so this doesn’t matter so much, but this low-light footage is so noisy that I want to actually use the Neat denoise as the final. I know I can just fix the issue myself with the Flame color tools, but it seems like this shouldn’t be happening. Should I go bother ze Russians about it?

1 Like

Hmm. Weird. Are you able to privately share some test footage? I could run it through my box here?

I had a similar experience last week. It was a low light shot and from what I could tell, the red channel was especially noisy, which is my theory for the green shift. I think it’s compensating for the red and going green, but like I said, it’s only a theory. In my case it was minor, so i just corrected for it, but I was a little surprised as I’ve not had that before.

1 Like

Yo yo yo @Cory_Davis. That sounds about right. We had a look-see in private and with our compositing hats on (trucker style), looked at the footage and it looked like it was behaving correctly. With our colorist hats on (beret style) we were like wtf why is it greener?

Right, I think Neat is doing what it does correctly, it’s just a by-product of all the factors being thrown at it. Still beats using the de-noise node!

2 Likes

Ain’t that the truth, Cory. Grats on the new gig, btw!!

2 Likes

Im looking forward to seeing the BTS with his luscious covid-locks free flowing in the wind.

I didn’t realize we’re having a chicago fest in here! Thank you Brian!

1 Like

you misspelled ‘sausage’

2 Likes